Rented a 2017 Hemi Charger R/T in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny that Wasp considers both Miata and Charger "gay"! Given that they are on the opposite end of any reasonable criterion for measuring "gayness", it is logical that Wasp must believe everything in between aka every car on the road is gay too :)

Miata/Charger owners; come on, we are only kidding here!

Originally Posted By: edvanp
Nice review! I have an 02 530i that's getting up there in age and miles. It's strictly a warm weather car and I will probably replace it in a year. I'm considering a Charger R/T or a Chevrolet SS. I need something with 4 doors with room in the Trunk for golf clubs :)

Same here. While I love my 530i, a Charger R/T Scat Pack is starting to call my name, louder and louder each day. Just in time for my midlife crisis.

Yes, I kid about the orientation of these vehicles. We're I truly serious, the Charger clearly left me chagrined.

I do actually like the little roadsters. The Fiat 124 was my official guilty pleasure of the auto show.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: edvanp
Nice review! I have an 02 530i that's getting up there in age and miles. It's strictly a warm weather car and I will probably replace it in a year. I'm considering a Charger R/T or a Chevrolet SS. I need something with 4 doors with room in the Trunk for golf clubs :)

Same here. While I love my 530i, a Charger R/T Scat Pack is starting to call my name, louder and louder each day. Just in time for my midlife crisis.

The Scat Pack would be a great ride Pete!!

Love the tires on those Scat Pack.

Word of advice: When researching the Scat Pack, please include "Dodge" or "Charger" in your search term. Might not like what you see, otherwise.

Actually, the more I research, the more I'd be leaning toward SRT instead of Scat Pack for the bigger brakes, adjustable suspension, and wider rims and tires.

But from a price per HP perspective, Charger Scat Pack is hard to beat.

It would have to be my only car, although I'm hoping to move somewhere where snow is not going to be a factor, but who knows when that'll actually happen.
smile.gif

If I were ever to get one of these, I would have to get over the cheap interior first. On one hand, I think I could just let it slide in exchange for all that raw V8 power and American muscle. But on the other hand, I've gotten so used to upscale feel and refinement, that I know it's not going to be easy for me to let it go. I drove a new Fusion Sport last year, and I just couldn't deal with it. So this Charger would have to put a much bigger grin on my face for me to overlook its shortcomings in aesthetics department.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
It would have to be my only car, although I'm hoping to move somewhere where snow is not going to be a factor, but who knows when that'll actually happen.
smile.gif

If I were ever to get one of these, I would have to get over the cheap interior first. On one hand, I think I could just let it slide in exchange for all that raw V8 power and American muscle. But on the other hand, I've gotten so used to upscale feel and refinement, that I know it's not going to be easy for me to let it go. I drove a new Fusion Sport last year, and I just couldn't deal with it. So this Charger would have to put a much bigger grin on my face for me to overlook its shortcomings in aesthetics department.

The SRT and HellCat interior is nicer. There's still some margarine container on the doors, but the rest of it is quite good. The Jeep is nicer, which is odd....
21.gif

Have you driven an SRT yet? I'd give one a spin and see if you like it. They are a large car coming from an E39 and you know it as soon as you are behind the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back