Cadillac CT5 Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big believer in cars having a corporate identity, but I think Cadillac's decision to move away from the "origami snowplow" design language is a step in the right direction.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Stunner.

RWD, all it needs is a V-8!

I'd guess the CT5-V will get the new Cadillac Blackwing twin turbo V8. The same engine in the CT6-V

Last edited:
Originally Posted by E365
Originally Posted by NO2
I thought Cadillac stopped making cars in favor of SUVs.

Nope. You must be thinking of another car maker?

Cadillac is still making cars but will not make as many and will expand their SUV line. I think they will only have maybe 2 general car lines and maybe 1 special car here and there. The rest will be SUVs of some sort.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
^^^Hehe, fear not my man. I knew what a Blackwing was, and that's exactly what I was talking about!

Saweeeeet!

I'm wondering if a potential CT5-V will have AWD.

This would be a beast with a TTV8, AWD, 10-speed auto and the spectacular Alpha chassis!

Last edited:
Too slab-sided for a premium car IMO. The side profile looks like an old Infiniti and Hyundai mashed together or even a bit like an Accord the way the chrome door trim finishes in the rear. The front is a bit too busy and doesn't look as expensive as it should. The Alpha platform is brilliant so I'm sure it will drive well, it's just a styling letdown.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by PimTac
Not bad but it looks like a blend of everyone else's ideas mashed together. GovMo needs to do something to really define it as a Cadillac.

I think it looks a little less ugly than the previous models. The old ones had too may square lines and harsh angles. Just way too boxy.

I agree. That previous design gave it a dated look in my opinion. Car designs have been trending towards the rounded sleek look. This is definitely better. It's all personal judgment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back