2023 Dodge Hornet

Starts just under $30,000. AWD standard. Based on the Alfa Romeo Tonale.

GT Model: 2.0 liter Hurricane4. 265+ HP, 295 lb-ft. 0-60: 6.5 sec.

R/T Model: PHEV, “285-plus horsepower and 383 lb.-ft. of torque, and offers more than 30 miles of all-electric range via a 15.5-kWh lithium-ion battery.

Koni FSD shocks standard on both. Brembo brakes standard on R/T and optional on GT. Optional Track Pack.

More powerful, lowered, GLH model coming from the Direct Connection program.

A0A3846C-B2E4-4BB4-A516-2492DFE2DAB4.jpeg

356E8891-0921-4BDC-9875-39B6DCEC5041.jpeg

CAD70A0C-484D-4177-8428-C2ABF73F8FDE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll reserve judgement till I can see an "under 30K" production model. I doubt the base price models will look anything like their promotional ones on showcase once the bean counters get done. I like the looks and if they can get it done at a reasonable price, I think they'll do well.

Some attitude and flare in this segment cannot be a bad thing-- especially since style/performance vehicles and sedans especially seem to be going the way of the dodo.

At the end of the day, there's so many options in this class, that I truly hope this is a standout when it reaches dealers' lots. If there's any brand I've ever been "loyal" to, it's Chrysler/Dodge, even though the brand has been bounced around through different ownership like a hot potato.

The blue car in the photo is missing some fog lights or something to break up all the grill...

Interesting choice of words. It take after the Tonale rather than saying it’s a rebadged Alfa Romeo.

Good looking front end.

I had thought the Dodge brand was dead?

If it sells there will be a Chrysler version in a year or two.
I guarantee there won't be-- doesn't make any sense, there are too many players in the segment already. If I'm wrong in a year or two, I'll eat my words... The days of cannibalizing one's own brand is over.

Interesting choice of words. It take after the Tonale rather than saying it’s a rebadged Alfa Romeo.

Good looking front end.

I had thought the Dodge brand was dead?
Wut? Why would you think that? They have one more vehicle than the Chrysler line-up, the Durango, Charger, Challenger, and those are all being revamped going forward. I know there was some concern as to whether Chrysler would stick around as a marque, since it's down to just the 300 and Pacifica now.

Ah, finally!

A Dodge face on an Alfa Romeo built on a modified Jeep Renegade which is just a Fiat Panda in drag.
almost... the panda is a different platform.
Panda is the "Fiat Mini platform" shared with the Fiat 500 and the Ford Ka

The Renegade's Fiat twin is the 500X
They and the Tonale (and thereby Hornet) are built on variants of the "SCCS platform".

Last edited:
The return of the Hornet.
The Hornets shown here are a far cry from the leading edge Hudson Hornet of the early 1950s. That car was a leader in NASCAR when the cars were more stock than the highly modified cars running these days and in the recent past. For its time, the Hornet handled very well and was quite fast. A search will net some good info and pics, I'm sure.

This new thing isn't a return of the Hornet, it's a contemporary dilution of the name and history of what was once a car at the forefront of racing.

The Hornets shown here are a far cry from the leading edge Hudson Hornet of the early 1950s. That car was a leader in NASCAR when the cars were more stock than the highly modified cars running these days and in the recent past. For its time, the Hornet handled very well and was quite fast. A search will net some good info and pics, I'm sure.

This new thing isn't a return of the Hornet, it's a contemporary dilution of the name and history of what was once a car at the forefront of racing.
Most millennials and younger only know of the Hudson Hornet via the Pixar film Cars. At least, that’s where I learned about it… I have no shame to admit that lol

521EDE30-F1F8-4E34-B36D-5016B7F9AC74.jpeg

Back