Dodge Journey Soldiers On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by brages
Originally Posted by SeaJay
Not everyone if fussy about their ride. They see something on a car lot that looks nice enough, if the price (or monthly payment) is good they buy it and drive happily along not caring if it has 4 or 6 cylinders, or how many speeds the tranny has. They probably care more about the color of the interior, and if it has a courtesy light & mirror on the backside of the sun visor than they do about all that other stuff.

They probably care that it has enough room to carry their families and the stuff they want to carry with them, that it's not a minivan, that it is a new vehicle with a warranty, and that the payment is affordable.

01.gif

For as many opinionated and passionate attitudes and comments that flow through any internet message board, this likely wins for truthiness comment of the month.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Not everyone if fussy about their ride. They see something on a car lot that looks nice enough, if the price (or monthly payment) is good they buy it and drive happily along not caring if it has 4 or 6 cylinders, or how many speeds the tranny has. They probably care more about the color of the interior, and if it has a courtesy light & mirror on the backside of the sun visor than they do about all that other stuff.

They probably care that it has enough room to carry their families and the stuff they want to carry with them, that it's not a minivan, that it is a new vehicle with a warranty, and that the payment is affordable.

01.gif

For as many opinionated and passionate attitudes and comments that flow through any internet message board, this likely wins for truthiness comment of the month.

Yeah, for some people, the simple utility value of a vehicle is what's important. Another 100hp or 6 speeds doesn't actually get you anywhere faster than the base engine. Some more transmission speeds might save some gas but it might take 5-6 years to make up the price difference could be longer than many people keep them as well.

Old platform. Commonality of parts, availability of parts, serviceable anywhere. It's what I look for in an automobile as I keep them for a long long time.

That platform longevity is a virtue, not a demerit.

Exactly, these things can be picked up new for incredibly low bucks for the cheapskates, the impecunious and those who shop price without concern about looks, driving dynamics or speed.
A roomy family vehicle for cheap that's okay on fuel consumption?
For a lot of buyers, what's not to like?
There is no doubt a market for a cheap vehicle that's also spacious even sans glam and bling.
Good for FCA for continuing this model.

Me - " if the price is good they buy it and drive happily along not caring if it has 4 or 6 cylinders, or how many speeds the tranny has."

Me - " Yeah, for some people, the simple utility value of a vehicle is what's important."

Me - " They probably care that it has enough room to carry their families and the stuff they want to carry with them, that it's not a minivan, that it is a new vehicle with a warranty, and that the payment is affordable."

Me - " these things can be picked up new for incredibly low bucks for the cheapskates"

Me - " those who shop price without concern about looks (hmmmm), driving dynamics or speed."

Me - " Old platform. Commonality of parts, availability of parts, serviceable anywhere. It's what I look for in an automobile as I keep them for a long long time."

Probably Buster also?
lol.gif

The 2019 Journey comes equipped with a 40TE. I would stay away from the 2.4 multi air engine, I have seen too many become oil burners.

They sold 100k of them in 2018 so makes sense to soldier on instead of shuttering a factory and pay retooling costs/design etc.

Definitely a page out of former Chrysler play book, sell old product designs as long as possible.

Originally Posted by madRiver
They sold 100k of them in 2018 so makes sense to soldier on instead of shuttering a factory and pay retooling costs/design etc.

Definitely a page out of former Chrysler play book, sell old product designs as long as possible.

Everything except the Ram's and smaller Cheeps... er Jeeps are ancient. They say history repeats itself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back