2023 Dodge Hornet

.....since it's down to just the 300 and Pacifica now.
I have to admit, I needed to check Chrysler's website just to verify they were still making those two. They sure don't advertise them.... And I can't even remember noticing them on the roads in recent years.

Makes me wonder: What is the biggest selling model in the Chrysler family, these past few years? My guess is that it's the Jeep Wrangler.

I have to admit, I needed to check Chrysler's website just to verify they were still making those two. They sure don't advertise them.... And I can't even remember noticing them on the roads in recent years.

Makes me wonder: What is the biggest selling model in the Chrysler family, these past few years? My guess is that it's the Jeep Wrangler.

1. RAM Trucks
2. Jeep Grand Cherokee
3. Jeep Wrangler

Bummer the driving population is getting lazy. This would be an absolute riot with a 7 spd manual gearbox.

Wut? Why would you think that? They have one more vehicle than the Chrysler line-up, the Durango, Charger, Challenger, and those are all being revamped going forward. I know there was some concern as to whether Chrysler would stick around as a marque, since it's down to just the 300 and Pacifica now.

The Charger and Challenger are dead from what I’ve heard and read.

Pretty sure they are getting the axe. Well if half a dozen or so major news outlets are to be believed…

From the article though:

Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis has alluded to the possibility that the Charger and Challenger names could be used for future electrified vehicles, including a forthcoming electric muscle car in 2024. He's previously said he believes electrification — whether hybrid vehicles with less powerful engines or all-electric models — will save what he has called the new "Golden Age of muscle cars."

It just said the gas versions plan on being axed, that's not surprising, that was my understanding as well. That they were going to be moved to a new platform and be PHEV and BEV.

The Charger and Challenger are dead from what I’ve heard and read.
My understanding is that they are killing the gas versions, and the LX platform, and that they will come back on a new platform as PHEV/BEV.

Clearly this isn't going to be as elegantly done as it was with the Grand Cherokee with the WL and WKII existing simultaneously (unless plans change) with the WL being able to be PHEV and BEV out of the gate (also like the DT RAM). But I suspect we'll continue to see the names even if they disappear for a year.

My understanding is that they are killing the gas versions, and the LX platform, and that they will come back on a new platform as PHEV/BEV.

Clearly this isn't going to be as elegantly done as it was with the Grand Cherokee with the WL and WKII existing simultaneously (unless plans change) with the WL being able to be PHEV and BEV out of the gate (also like the DT RAM). But I suspect we'll continue to see the names even if they disappear for a year.
Congratulations! You have won the award for the most acronyms in a single post. :)

They like the other American automakers like to recycle model names so I’m sure we will see those again.

I’m still waiting for the new Scamp.

Most millennials and younger only know of the Hudson Hornet via the Pixar film Cars. At least, that’s where I learned about it… I have no shame to admit that lol

View attachment 112873
And here's a pic of the real car along with a link to a video ...
1660747971300.png

Starts just under $30,000. AWD standard. Based on the Alfa Romeo Tonale.

GT Model: 2.0 liter Hurricane4. 265+ HP, 295 lb-ft. 0-60: 6.5 sec.

R/T Model: PHEV, “285-plus horsepower and 383 lb.-ft. of torque, and offers more than 30 miles of all-electric range via a 15.5-kWh lithium-ion battery.

Koni FSD shocks standard on both. Brembo brakes standard on R/T and optional on GT. Optional Track Pack.

More powerful, lowered, GLH model coming from the Direct Connection program.

View attachment 112825

View attachment 112826

View attachment 112827

I don't like it.

Ram trucks (539,388) followed by the Jeep Grand Cherokee (264,444) followed by the Wrangler taking 3rd (204,610) for 2021.

Apparently also 10 Dodge Darts. How, where, and most importantly WHY?!

I'm not sure I've seen 10 Darts in my whole life, other than driving by the plant on the I-90 tollway and seeing the lots full of unsold ones.

Back