Do you take Valentine's Day seriously?

We have kids, so its hard for the adults to take anything "love related" seriously lol

Also, wife got her 2nd Pfizer dose yesterday. Today has turned into chills, headache and fatigue. So, maybe next year (I sound like a Cowboys fan :) )

Cut her some beautiful paper white narcissus right before I covered them ahead of the freeze.
These came from my parents house and were planted by my late sister who died the year we got married …
I transplanted some here many years ago and those at the folks old house continue to pop out when the weather cools.

I feel like she appreciated them more than store bought roses …

We got my mom a card and gave it to her today she loved it. We took her out to eat tonight too at Abuelos because that is where she picked. At least they are nice enough to invite me lol. So I say yes we definitely take it seriously sorta though they didn’t do any gifts.

20 years into a marriage that is just hanging on and being generally unhappy in life, no. I got my wife an iced coffee today, told her happy valentines day and that was that. Today is not a day off for me anyway.

I feel you...it will be 20 years for us in July, and we're currently....(ill use my nice words) less than thrilled with each other.

Hopefully it gets better for you and I.

My wife loves roses, and I always get her a dozen for Valentine's, but this year cut flowers were in short supply, and sold out quite few days ago. I got her a small rose plant instead - if it survives, we can plant it in the garden in a couple of months. I say IF it survives ... I found some cat puke on the floor, mostly containing chewed up leaves off the new plant. Cats will be cats ...

We also did church online this morning, enjoyed a great bike ride together this afternoon, and had the kids and grandkids over for dinner. Good day, but I'm beat.

It is not YOU who decide but the expectation of your significant other.

To be honest a small surprise is good. It shows that you remember and care. I typically just buy about $6-10 worth of flowers in grocery store and that's it. Not eating out or cooking special meals when kids are already making a whole bunch of mess making Valentines.

Yes, It’s very important to me, it’s front and centre every day at breakfast ..........Oh sorry, I miss read, I thought you said: Do you seriously take Vegemite daily.

Last edited:
Yes, It’s very important to me, it’s front and centre every day at breakfast ..........Oh sorry, I miss read, I thought you said: Do you seriously take Vegemite daily.
Strangely enough, just a few days ago I found a jar of Marmite in the house, and have been enjoying it a lot. It is said to be a really good source of the B vitamins. The mistake I made when I was younger was applying it too thickly. Less is more!

Back