How many GenX'ers do we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free range kid starting 2nd grade. Mum dropped off at ski resort with dime(call) and $0.50 (hot chocolate) with friends every weekend. Rode in back of Subaru wagon, pickup truck bed, whatever no seat belts.

Drove field beaters(uninspectible free cars) age 12 for fun at friends field racing around dirt or ice packed track. Mom hated that one and made me wear seatbelt and their old motorcycle helmet.
When I was 12 I had a Vespa that I kept at a friend's house. I had the Vespa for over half a year before I crashed and killed it. My parents never found out about the Vespa or the crash.

I'll just drop this here.

View attachment 190019
How about this one? I remember putting one in my mom's station wagon and being very disappointed. Unlike the factory version of the same, it clicked, and, her car being a GM, it caused the wipers to park completely each cycle, yes, over the chrome strip that ran under the windshield lol

1700825787092.png

This thread has been for the most part fun/light-hearted with everyone sharing some fun X stuff plus a little generational trash-talking here and there which is to be expected and appreciate the mods haven't locked it/have a sense of humor about such matters. The Boomer thread got locked in short order for whatever reason. The Millenial thread (and here too) has lots of folks disclaiming their Millenial-ism with "I mean I'm really more of an X..." etc., trying to push the well-established year bookends to be included, and posts about how silly the generational sterotypes are etc. Just some observations... I guess I'll listen to some Dire Straits today for @edyvw 🤣🤣🤣

This thread has been for the most part fun/light-hearted with everyone sharing some fun X stuff plus a little generational trash-talking here and there which is to be expected and appreciate the mods haven't locked it/have a sense of humor about such matters. The Boomer thread got locked in short order for whatever reason. The Millenial thread (and here too) has lots of folks disclaiming their Millenial-ism with "I mean I'm really more of an X..." etc., trying to push the well-established year bookends to be included, and posts about how silly the generational sterotypes are etc. Just some observations... I guess I'll listen to some Dire Straits today for @edyvw 🤣🤣🤣

I'd recommend listening to some Def Leppard instead lol

My normal mix, still on mp3 burned from my own CD's - not the apple store, has INXS, def leppard, Dire straits and probably even a slaughter song or two o_O

No one is gonna actually pretend to be an Xer… That is like pretending to be dish washer or window cleaner - it is not exactly striving for excellence.

If you are born in ‘80-90 you have more in common with ‘70-80 folks than ‘90-00 folks. The 90’s is really when the internet changed the game on life.

GenX here. Aren't we the parents of millennials and gen Z....
Gen Z, not millennials - their parents are the boomers. This is in general and there is always exceptions - especially around the cut off lines - hence the debate around the dates each gen starts / ends.

You can never judge an individual person by their generation - however the traits as a group are extensively studied and well defined.

Black Friday, and I'm Rokken with Dokken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back