Do you take Valentine's Day seriously?

Strangely enough, just a few days ago I found a jar of Marmite in the house, and have been enjoying it a lot. It is said to be a really good source of the B vitamins. The mistake I made when I was younger was applying it too thickly. Less is more!
Yes a little bit goes a long way.
BTW the Marmite Vs Vegemite divide is a big thing, sorry you have found yourself on the wrong side of the fence.

I take it semi-seriously...

My anniversary is in late December, then Christmas, then my bride's birthday is in the middle of Jan...so by the time V-day roles around I am usually out of gift ideas.

I still do my best to make it special, but neither of us spend too much money. This year, she bought me a special bottle of single malt Scottish Whiskey that is DELICIOUS!!! I got her a nice selection of chocolates, a deck of intimacy cards, and a sexy outfit. Let's just say the night went well...

I quit buying cards and flowers at my Wife's request. Now I cook her a Ribeye and she is happy. Married 19 years. She would have been upset 10 years ago. She gets it. Just another money grab.

Yes a little bit goes a long way.
BTW the Marmite Vs Vegemite divide is a big thing, sorry you have found yourself on the wrong side of the fence.

My mum used to eat Marmite, predictably enough, given her Brit roots.

My wife craved Vegemite during her first pregnancy (but then she spent her early years in NZ, so no surprise there).

So I could go either way; I'll have to pick up some Vegemite and do a taste test!

During our year in NZ, I was the grocery-shopper, and noticed Megamite as well. House-brand Vegemite clone?

My mum used to eat Marmite, predictably enough, given her Brit roots.

My wife craved Vegemite during her first pregnancy (but then she spent her early years in NZ, so no surprise there).

So I could go either way; I'll have to pick up some Vegemite and do a taste test!

During our year in NZ, I was the grocery-shopper, and noticed Megamite as well. House-brand Vegemite clone?
NZ is a great country, I always enjoy my time there. Were you North or South Island ?

I think they are both name brands, M from England and V from Australia.

NZ is a great country, I always enjoy my time there. Were you North or South Island ?

I think they are both name brands, M from England and V from Australia.
We lived in Whangarei, about 160 km N of Auckland. We did holiday trips to Wellington and Rotorua; Dunedin and Wanaka; and Taupo (and while there did the Tongariro Crossing). My wife had friends in Dunedin, and relatives in greater Wellington. It was a good year - I've often wished we'd stayed.

Reactions: SR5
Miss Linda refuses to tell me what she wants me to get for her, then is upset when I don't read her mind. I usually get her 2 cards, one serious and 1 "from the cats"; some chocolates; this year a mini-orchid and a nice tub of body scrub. Then I find out she wanted a big heart of chocolates and for me to buy some snails that we could cook at home. I told her, "If you don't tell me, or tell me 11 months in advance, what you want, don't be surprised if you don't get it."

She got me a flask of Hollywood cologne by Playboy. Good stuff.

Back