Do you take Valentine's Day seriously?

Is it more of a Hallmark holiday to you, do you not participate, or go all out?

My wife and I really aren't into it.

My parents really don’t celebrate it occasionally they will and we will get my mom a card or something but not really no. I remember when we would always have the Valentine’s Day party in elementary school we would do valentines and then have a party. That’s about all I’ve ever done for it.

My parents really don’t celebrate it occasionally they will and we will get my mom a card or something but not really no. I remember when we would always have the Valentine’s Day party in elementary school we would do valentines and then have a party. That’s about all I’ve ever done for it.
Back when I went to school you'd make a little box and put it on your desk and then you'd only give Valentines to kids that you wanted to give them to. Talk about a tough life lesson for some kids

Back when I went to school you'd make a little box and put it on your desk and then you'd only give Valentines to kids that you wanted to give them to. Talk about a tough life lesson for some kids
Yeah definitely. When we done it if you didn’t give them to everyone you weren’t participating in the party afterwards.

Is it more of a Hallmark holiday to you, do you not participate, or go all out?

My wife and I really aren't into it.
I bought the boss a nice Lilly at the grocery store, me some Killian's and stopped and picked up a salad and pizza for dinner last night. She loves plants/flowers, I love beer and we both like pizza. It was a good night that didn't cost a fortune but still shows appreciation after 26 years of being together... We keep it simple and cost effective.

Just my $0.02

Nowadays everyone gets a participation award. I was that kid in school who didn't get many and you know it taught me a life lesson. I'm not for bullying but kids need to learn a lesson or two. My concern is the first time they fail will be when they don't get the job they want and someone will need to explain it to them. Hard age to learn that lesson. I could tell several stories about coaching hockey and how parents react... :eek:

Just my $0.02

Back