Dino oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 5000, Pennzoil, Valvoline, Castrol GTX, Havoline. They are all dino oils similarily priced. I read a lot about most of these except Mobil 5000. Does it really make a difference which one I choose?

From what I read on here - most any dino oil can go 5000 miles. Mobil "5000" sounds like marketing to ease the fears of "3,000 mile OCI ALWAYS" followers.

If you're the typical user? No. Selection pretty much is down to price and/or personal preference. Some may work/perform a little better than others in your usage ..but I don't think you can make a "bad choice" unless you're in some unique situation.

A typical user rarely taxes the integrity of the oil. They'll get between 3-6 months of usage (or a mileage that falls in that time span)..even if it's a synth. It's kinda like opting for the porcelain fused gold crown instead of the composite version. They both chew food with equal ability.

If you want to be an atypical user ...then you may be well served in being a bit more deliberate in your selection.

Quote:

It's kinda like opting for the porcelain fused gold crown instead of the composite version. They both chew food with equal ability.

I like the shiny gold crowns without the porcelain.
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back