Death Rates Rising for Middle-Aged White Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The findings were reported by two Princeton....economists? I was expecting it to say doctors or some form of health researchers.

Quote:
they concluded that rising annual death rates among this group are being driven not by the big killers like heart disease and diabetes but by an epidemic of suicides and afflictions stemming from substance abuse: alcoholic liver disease and overdoses of heroin and prescription opioids.

I'm hardly going to declare victory or anything, but that makes me feel a little better for my odds as a college grad and non-addict. When I first heard about this study on the radio I thought there was some secret new killer that was specific to white males.

As someone with high cholesterol and a hypercoagulability disorder though I'm hardly going to declare victory, just gotta keep on focusing on diet and exercise and regular doctor visits and hope for the best.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
I love how liberals blame it on diets and smoking like those things are exclusive to middle aged white people. Does anybody in America have any critical thinking ability?

Did you actually read the article? It discussed the death rate rise related to suicide, alcohol and drugs. Diet and smoking weren't even mentioned, but hey it sounds good especially when you form it into a bash on liberals.

Zach1900,

You said my reply was dumb. What are the 'true' reasons why white Americans are living shorter lives ?

Low income people (whether black, white or Hispanic) do have a shorter life compared to.... folks living in a low crime area, have healthy diet, don't use drugs, smoke, drink excessive alcohol, share syringe needles with drug addicts, popping excess prescription pain medication, unprotected sex for drugs/money, ....etc...

For the record: I'm white and Do Not use drugs, smoke or drink alcohol. I also have an education and have a good paying job. Personal responsibility is very important in life.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Poor diets, obesity, drugs, alcoholism, pill popping, unsafe sex, etc...

Not surprised death rates are growing in white population, especially in uneducated low income white population. Look at the HIV outbreak in Kentucky, or the meth heads in West Virginia.

Jobs shipped overseas? www.DailyJobCuts.com

They have to blame it on something, smoking was the last culprit they demonized and almost taxed out of existence, what's next? A prescription drug tax of 500%, the $10 bottle of beer, the $20 hamburger?
White lives matter. LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Now for something which ripples far and wide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/health...finds.html?_r=0

Many people are unhappy. Unhappiness increases the chances of drug abuse, risky behavior and suicide. Someone who suspects stray cats to be liberal multikult Zionist conspirators under the control of the NWO and alien overlords lives probably on borrowed time until he finally goes Rumpelstiltskin.

What I mean to say is that the pressure on the dominant social group is high, because they have the most (power, wealth, chances) to lose. If another demographic group becomes dominant, they will inherit the same fears of loss and desire to hold on to what they have, and gain more, and they too will inherit an increasing death rate. Everything changes, but nothing changes.

Originally Posted By: Trav

They have to blame it on something, smoking was the last culprit they demonized and almost taxed out of existence, what's next? A prescription drug tax of 500%, the $10 bottle of beer, the $20 hamburger?
White lives matter. LOL

Yeah, smoking was such a great thing.

I'll mention drugs such as prescription pain pills.

Fort Lauderdale Florida was a haven for 'pill mills' and selling hundreds of pills per visit to drug addicts / dealers. Before the DEA and FBI cracked down and closed these pill mills..... there were people driving from Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, the Carolinas, Alabama ....buying hundreds of pain pills and reselling them in low income areas causing the local law enforcement agencies in those states to quickly realize majority of the pills were coming from south Florida. The doctor at the pill mill were writing prescriptions for tons of pills with ZERO regard for the lives and communities these pills destroyed.

Google: south FL pill mills and read up how this poison ended up in very low income white areas.

The death rate for whites as a whole (415.4 per 100,000) is still lower than for blacks (581.9 per 100,000), for example. What made the news is the change in death rate.

The authors of the study attributed the change in death rate to alcohol and drug abuse. This is what one of the authors said ( http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...aged_white.html ):
Quote:
So then we went through the causes of deaths, and found the poisonings. At first, we thought of cyanide, or accidentally drinking Drano, but then we realized what it was [alcohol and drugs].

Here's something from Razib Khan's twitter feed (he blogs for Unz). https://twitter.com/razibkhan/status/661660870359932928

CS6xDjnUEAAwiRj.png

As noted by Razib, it's class based, with white people that have HS diploma only or no HS diploma at all rising dramatically in death rate, while death rates fell for other groups of whites.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

White lives matter. LOL

It has nothing to do with if it was a great thing or not but you now that already. Troll on.

White lives matter. LOL

It has nothing to do with if it was a great thing or not but you now that already. Troll on.

206636171_0021c26a2e.jpg

Mostly Gen Xers I would guess Age 40 to 50. They say middle age.

We are 60 percent of the work force and our retirement is not looking as good as it did for Boomers. Took the brunt of the housing bubble burst and hit the job market in our younger years during poor economics times. We don't get a mid life crisis because we are always in a state of flux.
smile.gif

Just one 40 somethings opinion. Carry on.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Doog
Not surprising. Middle age white males are about as valued today as a can of spam.

Speak for yourself....I have 3 college degrees and made my way into my own business when I was in my 20s and 30s. Now 30 years later I am college educating my kids and will move to my retirement home (already purchased) in Florida in a few years.

But, I do have 2 friends who never finished college and technology ran them down like dogs in the street. Both are now drunks who constantly complain about what they never got and are miserable.

The victim lies within.

The internet is a strange thing.

I don't see where my point about being valued as a human being had a thing to do with economic success.

Is that how you value a person?

Even I, as a conservative, find that quite sad.

You are not a conservative...if you were you would understand that unemployment and low education and poor working skills leads to stress, depression and general unhappiness. This has been proven decades ago. This leads to the breakdown of the family unit alcoholism, drug dependency, crime and a host of other problems.

So when you say "Middle age white males are about as valued today as a can of spam."

You are really deflecting your own interpersonal sense of disappointment in your career and financial position in society. So go ahead "feel sorry" for me. I'll be fishing.

But don't worry...when Cascadia explodes...you'll have other worries.

Don't tell me what I am or am not when it comes to my social/political beliefs. I know what I am.

You sir have some real issues with being boastful about yourself and making assumptions about others.
My comment was basically just a reflection upon society and it's general focus on other age groups as having more relevance. Don't you grasp that in the slightest? My comment has ZERO to do with the psychotic diatribe you put forth. I am perfectly fine with my level of life achievement...and I am NOT THE ONE boasting like a blow-hard about how successful I am.
That would be YOU.

The internet draws the most odd people....

Last edited:
Not surprising. Middle age white males are about as valued today as a can of spam.

This is true and absolutely by design, I think we all know who is behind this. Look what is happening in Europe. We are being overrun with alien invaders....who is in charge of Germany at this point, Merkel, her background will explain it easily.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

This is true and absolutely by design, I think we all know who is behind this. Look what is happening in Europe. We are being overrun with alien invaders....who is in charge of Germany at this point, Merkel, her background will explain it easily.

Being a middle aged white male, I have no idea what you two are talking about.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Being a middle aged white male, I have no idea what you two are talking about.

I agree. Not only am I a white male in my 40's, I never finished college. I "retired" 2 years ago...

I know it's tough out there and while I have my vices I managed to sidestep a few pitfalls in life such as getting hooked on drugs, buying things i couldn't afford, (including real estate), and racking up a bunch of debt. I've stayed out of debt, lived well below my means, drove used cars, saved my $$$, and invested rather wisely. I've never fallen for the myth that is the "American Dream". I made my life choices and hopefully they will continue to serve me well...

The people I know who are most stressed out over life have two cars, homes that they can't afford, school debt, the latest iPhone and tablets with the monthly charges that go along with them, not to mention the kids that are very expensive, yada yada yada...

"they've" tried to sell us a bill of goods called the "American Dream". "go out and shop, home ownership is a right, go to school and get an ludicrously expensive education" I could go on

IMO, we need to think for ourselves, find something we're good at & stick with it, and avoid debt. Cut through all the [censored], make the best decisions FOR YOU and you'll be better off than most.

But know this, "they" have the cards stacked against you. Right/Left, Dem/Rep I don't care. NO ONE in our government has YOUR best interest in mind. NO ONE. There are those in Gov. that try but they quickly drown under the quicksand...It's too bad

Anyway, That's my $.02...

George sums up my thought better than I can...(some foul language)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back