Death Rates Rising for Middle-Aged White Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all the anger over left lane hogs.
laugh.gif

I think Bernie Sanders hit the nail on the head when he spoke about a lack of opportunity and the gloomy outlook on the future that many White Americans have.

Not trying to get political or anything but I think the TPP will just accelerate this issue when many blue collar workers see their jobs shipped overseas.

Poor diets, obesity, drugs, alcoholism, pill popping, unsafe sex, etc...

Not surprised death rates are growing in white population, especially in uneducated low income white population. Look at the HIV outbreak in Kentucky, or the meth heads in West Virginia.

Jobs shipped overseas? www.DailyJobCuts.com

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Poor diets, obesity, drugs, alcoholism, pill popping, unsafe sex, etc..

Wish I had the time and resources for a few of those.

Middle aged white dude out...

Not surprised death rates are growing in white population, especially in uneducated low income white population. Look at the HIV outbreak in Kentucky, or the meth heads in West Virginia.

That, and add hopelessness and depression.

It's probably just a lifestyle problem.

People suck on burning cigarettes, drink excessive amounts of alcohol, take in fake sugar in obscene amounts, eat fast food, take too many pills and get little or no exercise.

Who cares if they don't care? Isn't this what healthcare's for?

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Not surprising. Middle age white males are about as valued today as a can of spam.

Speak for yourself....I have 3 college degrees and made my way into my own business when I was in my 20s and 30s. Now 30 years later I am college educating my kids and will move to my retirement home (already purchased) in Florida in a few years.

But, I do have 2 friends who never finished college and technology ran them down like dogs in the street. Both are now drunks who constantly complain about what they never got and are miserable.

The victim lies within.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Not surprising. Middle age white males are about as valued today as a can of spam.

Speak for yourself....I have 3 college degrees and made my way into my own business when I was in my 20s and 30s. Now 30 years later I am college educating my kids and will move to my retirement home (already purchased) in Florida in a few years.

But, I do have 2 friends who never finished college and technology ran them down like dogs in the street. Both are now drunks who constantly complain about what they never got and are miserable.

The victim lies within.

The internet is a strange thing.

I don't see where my point about being valued as a human being had a thing to do with economic success.

Is that how you value a person?

Even I, as a conservative, find that quite sad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog

The victim lies within.

The internet is a strange thing.

I don't see where my point about being valued as a human being had a thing to do with economic success.

Is that how you value a person?

Even I, as a conservative, find that quite sad.

You are not a conservative...if you were you would understand that unemployment and low education and poor working skills leads to stress, depression and general unhappiness. This has been proven decades ago. This leads to the breakdown of the family unit alcoholism, drug dependency, crime and a host of other problems.

So when you say "Middle age white males are about as valued today as a can of spam."

You are really deflecting your own interpersonal sense of disappointment in your career and financial position in society. So go ahead "feel sorry" for me. I'll be fishing.

But don't worry...when Cascadia explodes...you'll have other worries.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jmsjags
I think Bernie Sanders hit the nail on the head when he spoke about a lack of opportunity and the gloomy outlook on the future that many White Americans have.

Not trying to get political or anything but I think the TPP will just accelerate this issue when many blue collar workers see their jobs shipped overseas.
Do you think the party Bernie boy really belongs to cares much about middle age white Americans. Anybody BUT. All they want is their money to "redistribute".

I looked briefly, and it took one of the comments there to point something out: nowhere in the article does it say "men". So I'm not sure if it's just middle aged white men--or if it is both genders. But I too assumed it was us men dropping off.

Call me stupid, but hasn't mankind had booze, drugs and unsafe sex since, like, forever? Might we be seeing a return to historic norms for these behaviours, perhaps fueled by the fact that people have all the more money to spend on these habits?

dumb reply.

I love how liberals blame it on diets and smoking like those things are exclusive to middle aged white people. Does anybody in America have any critical thinking ability?

Originally Posted By: zach1900
I love how liberals blame it on diets and smoking like those things are exclusive to middle aged white people. Does anybody in America have any critical thinking ability?

I figured it was the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" crowd myself.

Idle minds are a dangerous thing. Look at all the al queda/ ISIS recruits that were just milling about, bored, looking for a cause.

We're lucky we have Xboxes and parents' basements. Or it'd be worse.

Now that we've invented the internet, really, what drive is there for something better? You don't even have to schedule sitting down to watch TV, it's all there ready to stream. People aren't building fast computers b/c sparkly smartphones, they aren't tuning cars b/c they're very expensive and fast enough stock. Etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back