Life Expectancy in the USA, Formula - you calculate from your present age, not your birth age.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ALL for retiring early while you can still enjoy life. But I plan to enjoy a long life and therefore I'm going to wait until the last minute to draw SS so that it can get the most out of it that I can. I worked too dammed long and too dammed hard and was forced to pay into SS when I really couldn't afford to so now I want everything out of it that I can get.
I retired at 55 years of age. (Made some wise investments). Of course I didn't get Social Security until I turned 62 years of age. Best thing I ever did was retire at 55. Of course I realize that not all can do this. I maxed out my Social Security contribution many years. Life's too short.

"...maxed out my Social Security contribution..."
meaning no effect on the monthly payments you recieve on pay out yrs later (now 4 U).
There's a top pay out monthly (3,600 & 4,500$ mo).
What happens to that difference (between pay in & pay out?).

"...maxed out my Social Security contribution..."
meaning no effect on the monthly payments you recieve on pay out yrs later (now 4 U).
There's a top pay out monthly (3,600 & 4,500$ mo).
What happens to that difference (between pay in & pay out?).
Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I was working many years I maxed out my part of "paycheck" contribution for the Social Security deduction-sometime during the year.

One thing that many people don't think about is that inflation WILL eat into whatever retirement income/savings that they have and if you take a lowered SS payment, and don't have a lot of savings or other income, then they could very easily run out of money somewhere down the road.

They can deplete their savings, but they won't "run out of money" as SS will continue to provide some small to modest level of an inflation adjusted income.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fla
They can deplete their savings, but they won't "run out of money" as SS will continue to provide some small to modest level of an inflation adjusted income.

Many people who plan well for retirement do think of all the angles......

I have been retired for 16 year thus far. Been through at least two rounds (maybe three) of substantial inflation.

This is why, when anyone greets me asking "how are you?", my response is

I woke up today and was able to get out of bed under my own power.

The answer to the question is, you are alive until you are dead, and once you are dead you stay dead.

The answer to the question is, you are alive until you are dead, and once you are dead you stay dead.

On that note, some recent studies are showing a delta in excess of 10 years between the typical male European lifespan and USA. What was about 4 years has suddenly jumped to over 10. Even worse, we here in the USA suddenly have a really high mortality rate for people over age 55.

On that note, some recent studies are showing a delta in excess of 10 years between the typical male European lifespan and USA. What was about 4 years has suddenly jumped to over 10. Even worse, we here in the USA suddenly have a really high mortality rate for people over age 55.
10 years? Wow. Do you have a link? I didn't see that.

Female suicide, opiates, sugar, video games/TV, etc all bringing it down I'm sure.

10 years? Wow. Do you have a link? I didn't see that.

Female suicide, opiates, sugar, video games/TV, etc all bringing it down I'm sure.

Lots of suicide due to the silly social media destroying people’s outlook of life, ego and confidence….. especially young teenage girls with low self-esteem.

Sad but true.

Last edited:
Covid, reckless eating of poor quality restaurant food instead of cooking your own meals and sleeping habits
Covid has been taken care of
Fix the rest and the average will live just as long as any other country. However the media agenda uses our Health Care system as the cause which is a horrible misleading agenda to go down that path but, the majority cant think for themselves.
Take care of yourself and dont make excuses.

My own cardiologist when we were talking about nutrition (he knows how crazy I am about it) commented to me, 100% true.
"its unbelievable the way we eat in this country" + "you wouldnt believe the condition of most of my patients" I'll never forget it because he is a really good guy, he will stay with you and discuss things with you and NEVER make you feel rushed.
Compare that to the top left expectancy in the world Japan even though Western Food is starting to affect the youth there.

Im passionate about the subject because my wife and I enjoy pretty active fun lives we like to eat out at a good place once sometimes twice a week. I seem to be ALWAYS challenged lately to truly find healthy stuff on a menu and even when I do that is not loaded down with unhealthy sauce. IT REALLY is a challenge even more so when you right away discount anything fried when wanting seafood then when you find that, avoid fatty source placed on the seafood. Gosh it's even hard to find no sugar or sweetener added yogurt!

There was a time in the USA that it was cool to eat healthy and restaurants would fall all over themselves to offer a healthy array of food for those who want it... no more.

Last edited:
Lots of suicide due to the silly social media destroying people’s outlook of life, ego and confidence….. especially young teenage girls with low self-esteem.

Sad but true.
All true and very sad. Life can be wonderful! Somehow I wish I could solidly get the idea across to those who believe life is not for them, that tomorrow can be awesome and that tomorrow is worth sticking around for.

Even so, that does not address the sudden mortality of American men over age 55. Heart disease is number 1, along with diabetes, cancer, and sudden viral/bacterial illness.

Each year American men have the following stats, 700K die of heart disease, 600K cancer, 420K sudden (wee beastie) death (yes, still) (by that I mean virus/bacteria/parasite) and 1/4 million accidents, 160,000 strokes, 140K respiratory, 120K dementia/Alz, 104K diabetes.

The fact is, for American men, we are NOT living longer than ever, on average.

Last edited:
Each year American men have the following stats, 700K die of heart disease, 600K cancer, 420K sudden (wee beastie) death (yes, still) (by that I mean virus/bacteria/parasite) and 1/4 million accidents, 160,000 strokes, 140K respiratory, 120K dementia/Alz, 104K diabetes.

The fact is, for American men, we are NOT living longer than ever, on average.
And the food pyramid adds to most of those. Heart disease, strokes, dementia, some cancers, inability to fight infections, some accidents, respiratory ailments, diabetes all because grain products at the base and people fatten up grossly on these. Sugar and simple carbs are killing us.

Look at the bright side! You already beat the median 79 and being you made it to 85 that is now 91 and if you make it to 91 that is almost 95!
Im doing my best eating, working out trying to take care of myself to beat the median, you're doing great, I hope I am changing my own oil at 85.
God bless you, very cool.
I am but wish I could stop and move to an assisted living. I'm tired of fixing things, but the war department won't budge from our home. I think it is important to have some say in the transition from home to some kind of of care, but looks like we are going to ride her till she jump the tracks and someone else will make the decisions.

Back