Elizabeth Holmes Is Sentenced to More Than 11 Years for Fraud

The sentence capped a yearslong saga that has captivated the public and ignited debates about Silicon Valley’s culture of hype and exaggeration. Ms. Holmes, who raised $945 million for Theranos and promised that the start-up would revolutionize health care with tests that required just a few drops of blood, was convicted in January of four counts of wire fraud for deceiving investors with those claims, which turned out not to be true.

You break the law, you serve time in prison….

Last edited:
She's the next Steve Jobs! Her attorneys argued for house incarceration. Holmes got what she deserved. Of course she will appeal.
1668812739528.jpg

IIRC, Theranos took existing blood analysis machines and modified them to run on much smaller samples. This didn't work, and Doctors I know had to repeat these tests often, and eventually stopped using them.

Interesting to see if she ends up at one of these prisons with a golf course and knitting classes or is she going into a hard core, Shawshank style clink?

Apparently she is pregnant too, good timing.

IIRC, Theranos took existing blood analysis machines and modified them to run on much smaller samples. This didn't work, and Doctors I know had to repeat these tests often, and eventually stopped using them.

Interesting to see if she ends up at one of these prisons with a golf course and knitting classes or is she going into a hard core, Shawshank style clink?

Apparently she is pregnant too, good timing.

A year before this story broke I was told their product didn't work over a dinner with a gal that worked there.

She knew the place was rotten and bailed.

11 years for that much financial fraud and endangering people with her bad machines and their very inaccurate results doctors used to evaluate their patients health with? She's lucky to be a woman. Only reason she got let off so easy.

so if she gets that for under a billion whats SBF getting. That snowball is still turning into a mountainside avalanche.

She should have gotten more. Did she get any monetary fines? She should be condemned to a paupers life.

It is key to note she was convicted of financial fraud; she was not convicted for the marketing/ promotion of the claims of the fake technology she was selling.

11 1/2 years for tricking Wall Street, not for anything else.

After putting between 27-40 million in the right places I am skeptical anything will happen.
I speculate some of SBF's clients are organized people that used his services to both launder and hide funds from various governments. I don't think they will take kindly to having their money stolen. You will know I'm wrong if SBF is still above ground a few years from now.

As to Homes, I think she did as well as she possibly could with the sentence. I hope she had all her ill gotten gains tied up FTX so she can't afford the team of lawyers to appeal.

Back