dealing with impatient people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends, each situation is a little different. Here are a few things that have worked, there are many others I custom tailor to the situation. Yes them to death seems to work, tell them what they want to hear, or kill them with kindness.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
how do you deal with impatient people?

With patients.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

With patients.
grin2.gif

How about this: I show impatience when a patient brings 6 family members to the doctors office …

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

With patients.
grin2.gif

If only if you would know HOW RIGHT you are......
beer3.gif

I will bend over backwards for patient people, but impatient ones get the opposite. I will no longer lift a finger to do more than the absolute minimum for them. For that reason, I no longer volunteer overtime. I refuse any gratuities offered by the company including (but not limited to) company picnics...holiday parties...or any other event which might result in being paid for no work. I will work my normal schedule for the company (even if others do not)...and the company can decide to either let me work, or let me leave. I maintain near-excellent attendance so they know that any deviation from that has a necessary reason.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Can we hurry this up???

Just to be clear:
WE = You + Yourself,

right?

Yes. Can YOU hurry this up???

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Lock it, Lock it, Lock it …

Yes. Can YOU hurry this up???

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

In a Jiffy.

Just let me jump on my non-existent Overtime Horse while I'm not taking my lunch-break to accommodate you.

Do I get bathroom breaks?

(What would ZED do?)

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It depends, each situation is a little different. Here are a few things that have worked, there are many others I custom tailor to the situation. Yes them to death seems to work, tell them what they want to hear, or kill them with kindness.

Demar,

Thank you! (Classy as always)

When dealing with the impatient or just plain going Kaboom on you people, did your sales experience helped you?

I turn my back on them and walk away. The more they complain the longer they wait.

In a Jiffy.

Just let me jump on my non-existent Overtime Horse while I'm not taking my lunch-break to accommodate you.

Do I get bathroom breaks?

(What would ZED do?)

Zed's dead, baby.

Seriously though. Impatient and belligerent people can wait twice as long, or leave.

I don't know about dealing with impatient bosses. I recently started a cleaner job at the community college and have been working with these two stripping and waxing floors one kid can't stay off his phone he can not complete one task fully without touching and fondling his iPhone. When he finally comes back to reality after touching his iPhone he's missed half the process of stripping the floor and wants to jump right in and rush me out of the way. The other is this girl that is involved in everyone else's business and has her head into boys and running back and forth every 5 mins to see where our other co-workers are and what they're doing, when she comes back she too does the same rushing thing to make up for the lost time. also she likes to rush and have the job done without putting the effort of work into it.

If I didn't stop her today she had no stripping pad on the scrubbing block and was ready to start the machine which would have done serious damage to the floor tile. her excuse was since I was putting the stripper down and getting all the equipment ready it was my fault meanwhile she was the one in charge of the scrubber. I need a beer working with these two.
beer3.gif
33.gif
mad.gif

At work the techs I help know better than to get impatient with me. If they start to push me right away, they get back burner'd and I help everyone else until they are the last person I help. I have an "in" basket so they can leave RO's and P&As for me to look up. I will see some try to move theirs in the pile thinking I will get to them first, those get done last. We have a couple who no matter what I am doing will throw their paperwork on my keyboard and say "I am more important." They get to spend the next few minutes digging their paperwork out of the dumpster and taping it back together.

I have also seen a lot of customers walking up to the retail counter on their phones and when I ask how I can help them, they put their finger up to shut me up or turn around. They also get helped last, or I will just stand there and when they are off their phone I will say "ready to be helped yet?" The people that make a huge scene I wait until a quite time and say "you done? because if you aren't I have other things to do." That being said I have had customers complain to management about me because when they asked for a part I went to the shelf and got it and rang them up without having to look it up. They complained I didn't make small talk, whatever that means.

...Idiocracy, If people don't start taking control/responsibility for their lives ...someone else will, and i'm pretty sure they wont like it.

I support other people daily usually I become a mirror to demanding, whiny or pushy people. They get what they give. At some point they "Get It" and the attitude adjusts. From then on things go much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back