Dealer inspection videos

Anyone else's dealer buy into this system? I appreciate the look under the car so it's hard to lie about anything and funny they admit the pads are wearing uneven(knew this) but said nothing to me about it.

I complained about brake pedal pulsation but was conveniently "out of warranty" for brakes or other wearables items a while back so I am just living with it. I hardly drive the car anyway as it's mainly the wifes.

Anyone else's dealer buy into this system? I appreciate the look under the car so it's hard to lie about anything and funny they admit the pads are wearing uneven(knew this) but said nothing to me about it.

I complained about brake pedal pulsation but was conveniently "out of warranty" for brakes or other wearables items a while back so I am just living with it. I hardly drive the car anyway as it's mainly the wifes.

Brakes are usually covered in the first 12,000 miles. How many miles did you have?

If they show and say the pads need to be replaced soon, and you bought it anyway, I don't think you can complain too much.

I thought it was covered under the 4yr/50k bumper to bumper but like you said only 1yr/12k.
Very few if any manufacturers cover wear items that long. People that ride the brakes and dump the clutch at every intersection could be having brake and clutch jobs every 5,000 miles.

OK-You used the words "conveniently out of warranty". But the truth of the matter is they were well out of warranty.
Like I said I assumed it was a bumper to bumper deal but alas it was not. I'd like to assume my wife is a left foot brake person but I doubt it.

If they show and say the pads need to be replaced soon, and you bought it anyway, I don't think you can complain too much.

Very few if any manufacturers cover wear items that long. People that ride the brakes and dump the clutch at every intersection could be having brake and clutch jobs every 5,000 miles.
Car was purchased new, brake issues happened close to 24k.

Like I said I assumed it was a bumper to bumper deal but alas it was not. I'd like to assume my wife is a left foot brake person but I doubt it.
Well....that warranty (12,000 miles) that includes the brakes is pretty much standard across many manufacturers.

I consider it early if I have to do brakes at 120,000 kms.

But I don't go to dealers for work, so don't know if video is a thing here.

Subaru does….3 yr/36k

The dealer I go to has this system. I think it’s great. I get the video uplink right before the service writer comes to tell me everything is ready. He or she asks if I saw the video and if there are any questions.

It probably eliminates the liability of someone other than the workers being in the service area.

Neither of my VWs has ever had the brake pads replaced (see signature). My dealer also semds me a video when the car is in for service. I really appreciate the communication.

VW got some bad pads or switched to something that didn’t work out. They extended the brake warranty on new Jettas to 24k. Mine were worn at 23k but not enough for replacement.

You might check and make sure you don’t have an extension. My dealership knew about it but didn’t offer anything up.

Back