Davey Crockett

I didn’t realize he was around that long ago. I thought he was around in the 1900s. Guess I didn’t pay attention enough in school because I was probably thinking about cars.

When does an actor/actress look exactly like who they portray? Actually: when does the movie get all the details right, anyhow? Usually they have to play things up a bit, else it would be just as boring as real life.

There are some historical figures where there's been an attempt to get the appearance close through makeup. Usually this involves facial hair, like portrayals of Mark Twain or Abraham Lincoln. Other than that, it's usually pretty loose.

When does an actor/actress look exactly like who they portray? Actually: when does the movie get all the details right, anyhow? Usually they have to play things up a bit, else it would be just as boring as real life.
Or how wrong they get it sometimes …
I think Will Smith is a very funny guy - but as James West, really ?

CourierDriver said:
I thought that was Jim Bowie

You're right, it was Jim Bowie. Mixed them up.

Crocket died during an intense battle, bayonetted through the chest.

He fought bravely at the Alamo, but during the siege he became severely ill. In the last battle when the Alamo was overrun, he was in his bed suffering with high fever, the Mexicans bayonetted him to death and then brought him out hoisted on their bayonets.

Remember the Alamo!
I believe this was portrayed to a point in John Wayne's Alamo but wasn't it Jim Bowie?

Back