Remember the Ice Cream man?

Yep, I remember the ice cream truck as a kid. I remember it going by our house without stopping. My mom has always been a health nut so the ice cream truck was a no go.

I remember the ice cream truck(s) well. You could hear them on the neighboring streets, so you had time to go inside and locate loose change (under the couch cushions, for example). The last time I saw one was on Daytona Beach. We stopped it so my (then) pre-teen daughter could have that experience.

I didn't have an ice cream man that came around when I grew up. What I remember most, and miss, are the small Mom and Pop places that had soft ice cream in a large variety of great flavors, blackberry being my favorite. Seems like everybody just has vanilla or chocolate today.
I still have lots of customers selling blueberry, orange sherbet, and multiple flavors of soft serve Dole Whip out of their soft serve ice cream machines! After all, I am the ice cream (machine repair) man! I’ve never been a huge fan of working on the trucks, if the generator runs out of fuel, boards tend to ”let the smoke out”…

We have an i e cream truck come around a few times a week in the summer. We even heard it yesterday.

Always fun to hear it go by, even if we don’t buy anything (fairly rare to buy something).

A year ago, I visited my daughter in Phoenix. My daughter lives in an older area of Phoenix and all the neighbors know each other. The temps were over 90 and one day I heard the music from an ice cream truck. I walked out on the street and stopped a lady driving an older Chevy van with “350” badges the side and got an ice cream product that was very reasonable priced. My daughter and I both commented that we had no idea how this lady made any money, essentially with a gas-guzzling V8 Chevy. It didn’t matter to me, as the ice cream tasted just fine.

eddie-murphy-ice-cream.gif

Ice cream truck is a core childhood memory
Unless you were lactose intolerant, or had an almond mom/dad
In which case I'm so sorry 😐
Mr.Softee Gang 🫡

Piragua cart 🍧 is almost better on a really hot day, alas the season is winding down

I was just at the Marino's ice factory a few weeks ago, I swear the wood spudger added flavor 🤤
1695091470479.png

Last edited:
I was working in a substation located inside of a chemical plant . I was outside getting something out of my van and I heard music . What the heck , that's sounds like an ice cream man . I looked out at the road and sure enough , there was an ice cream truck stopped in the road and people lining up to get an ice cream . I walked out there and got in line myself . Turns out it was something the plant did about once a month for a treat . Free ice cream for everybody ..

Back