Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again...........

Middle East baloney going on, so guess what just happened:

Gas just went up 13 cents a gallon!

Lucky I just filled up all 4 cars yesterday and all with coupons too!

How high before the US is tipped into a real recession again?
I doubt it is different this time.
We are being fleeced by big oil AND big government politics over energy and carbon CO2. the government is overrun with people who want to shut down cheaper energy and substitute expensive 'green' energy. It is not green except that it makes these green companies money and steals ours.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/11/s...l#ixzz1mfcRl1e2

here is a discussion you can put some time in
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/all-thi...-13720-112.html

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Here we go again...........

Middle East baloney going on, so guess what just happened:

Gas just went up 13 cents a gallon!

Lucky I just filled up all 4 cars yesterday and all with coupons too!

UGH - correction as the day was not over!

Gas went up 21 cents a gallon today!!
mad.gif

Is Costco decent gas and comparable to Mobil, Amoco/BP, etc? Does it clean as well as those fuels? Just wondering because we joined Costco a month ago and here in Wi, Costco reg unleaded is $3.25 gl. Thanks...

Last edited:
A great read from a former ICE compliance and market supervision director of the International Petroleum Exchange.
Says oil will fall back to 50 a barrel
Says a lot of fraud in the trading. Not based on reality.

Quote:
All is not as it appears in the global oil markets, which in my view have become entirely dysfunctional and no longer fit for its purpose. I believe that the market price is about to collapse as it did in 2008 and that this will mark the end of an era in which the market has been run by and on behalf of trading and financial intermediaries.

In this post I forecast the imminent death of the crude oil market, and I identify the killers; the re-birth of the global market in crude oil in new form will be the subject of another post.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/01/chris-cook-naked-oil.html

Originally Posted By: sdowney717
A great read from a former ICE compliance and market supervision director of the International Petroleum Exchange.
Says oil will fall back to 50 a barrel
Says a lot of fraud in the trading. Not based on reality.

Quote:
All is not as it appears in the global oil markets, which in my view have become entirely dysfunctional and no longer fit for its purpose. I believe that the market price is about to collapse as it did in 2008 and that this will mark the end of an era in which the market has been run by and on behalf of trading and financial intermediaries.

In this post I forecast the imminent death of the crude oil market, and I identify the killers; the re-birth of the global market in crude oil in new form will be the subject of another post.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/01/chris-cook-naked-oil.html

We will never see cheap oil again. As oil reserves are being depleted, it costs now near $75 to produce a barrel of oil. The rest is profit margin and speculation (Iran war premium).

The only saving grace is cheap natural gas.

If you want oil price collapse, it will take another global recession/depression. I'm not sure you want for that to happen (unemployment > 20%).

Interesting price increases in my town. Yesterday I filled up at Walmart/USA Gasoline: $3.19 This mourning, the same station $3.49. A 30 cent increase overnight is a pretty good clip. For the last week most stations here have been moving up at about 10 cents a day. Highest in town here is Chevron station's at $3.57. Crazy stuff. $5.00 gas here we come ! With a new downturn with it !

Last edited:
A lot of the run up is pure speculation on stock market. Since our fuel and oil consumption are lower then they have been in years. It's all about greed, from wall street speculators to the Big Oil companys. Not just who's sitting in the current high office. Everyone also pointed fingers at the last guy that sat in the same office when prices soared before.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
It is the US dollar devaluating on the world market.

And the wild speculation of a critical resource, which should fall under a national security order.

The US Congress could gain back a LOT of respect IF they passed emergency legislation preventing excessive speculation on a critical resource like this.

I think that TPTB want the USD devalued because it makes our products cheaper on the world market. Not that we should be focuing on that. We need huge tariffs on products that come in from countries that have unfair trade regulations ...LIKE CHINA!

over here in Los Angeles we pay some of the highest prices in the nation. The only good thing I have noticed is that because of the high price of gasoline everyone appears to drive a little better on the road. There manners seems they hit the gas pedal in a slower fashion.

So far the highest price gas station (Shell) has gas peged at:

regular: $4.94/gallon
mid-grade: $4.99/gallon
supreme: $5.09/gallon

* The local ARCO station is better so for my Impala SS supreme gas is priced $4.50/gallon.

To make a long story short...where do you think I'll be buying gas???

Durango

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Durango
over here in Los Angeles we pay some of the highest prices in the nation. The only good thing I have noticed is that because of the high price of gasoline everyone appears to drive a little better on the road. There manners seems they hit the gas pedal in a slower fashion.

So far the highest price gas station (Shell) has gas peged at:

regular: $4.94/gallon
mid-grade: $4.99/gallon
supreme: $5.09/gallon

* The local ARCO station is better so for my Impala SS supreme gas is priced $4.50/gallon.

To make a long story short...where do you think I'll be buying gas???

Durango

Man, thats just unacceptable!!

lexus114,

I know it's unaccceptable but the last time gas went up California prices went up in the same manner and it appears no body did anything about it! So like a big circle of evil that's encompused California people are forced to pay this price.

Once again were not far away from major gasoline manufacturers and still yet we pay some of the highest ever and yet we must pay to earn food for the table at home.

When we all watch the evening news they should not do a national average cuz it's always much lower than what we see/view here in the Los Angeles area. The news media may as well just do a segment about what states has the highest prices in the nation and leave it at that.

Even my local ARCO gas station is getting pretty pricey now but still lower than Chevron, Union 76 and Shell. Now instead of trying to use a better quality gas I'm now forced to begin again to use ARCO and every other month put in a big bottle of Chevron "Techron" or Gumout/Regaine additive.

Durango

No one is forced into anything in CA

You have options.

-Move
-Find a job closer to home
-Public Trans
-Ride a bike

Sorry for the negativity, but this thread has a plethora of it already

Last edited by a moderator:
We are at 3.79 as of this AM.

The more north you go it gets a little higher but not by much.

TX has always been good about petrol prices.

I wasn't being derogatory BTW. People just have a hard time "thinking and getting out of the norm" is all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PZR2874
We are at 3.79 as of this AM.

The more north you go it gets a little higher but not by much.

TX has always been good about petrol prices.

I wasn't being derogatory BTW. People just have a hard time "thinking and getting out of the norm" is all.

PZR2874,

No offense taken dude. Sorry:-0

Durango

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back