Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid $3.49 (on the pump) at a Turkey Hill today for 87 minus .60 for fuel points = $2.89/gal.

I just paid $3.33 tonight at 7-11. Seems all the stations around here are at $3.33 for regular 87, except for Marathon and BP, they were at $3.35.

Gas WAS down to $3.37 here, BUT SHOT UP 22 cents a Gallon yesterday!!!!!

Pre Holiday Scam!!!

It's gone up 20 cents in the last 2 days here, last week at 7-11 it was $3.33, then $3.39. It was $3.49 yesterday and now $3.59 today at 7-11. I have not been following the oil market very much lately so I don't know why it is headed back up again.

Yeah, no kidding.....

Well, the price break was nice, while it lasted. Back up to $1.30/L here this AM on my way to work.

Bernanke spoke yesterday and said that the Fed may be ready to assist if the economy does not recover the way they expect. That caused the bulls and speculators to go crazy and Wall Street to lose its mind, stocks went up big time yesterday and the dollar went down in value. That caused the price of oil to go up. The oil producing countries that lowered their oil output in response to the release of the Strategic Oil Reserve are not helping matters much either.

Today the oil price is down 67 cents/barrel. Yippee! Tomorrow someone in the Middle East will throw a rock at a tank rolling down the street and and an hour later the gas price at my local gas station will go up 10 cents. Next week some other public official will say something else about the economy, or some oil producing country will have some new problem or unrest activity and the price will get jacked back up again.

I am tired of the oil price game. Maybe that is why I have not follwed it much until today when I read up on it again. I am tired of getting ripped off at the pump because of what some public official says or what Wall Street speculators and oil producing entities do to the prices, all so they can continue making record profits.

I am really tired of being ripped off and as Bruce Springsteen put it, "held up without a gun".

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Bernanke spoke yesterday and said that the Fed may be ready to assist if the economy does not recover the way they expect. That caused the bulls and speculators to go crazy and Wall Street to lose its mind, stocks went up big time yesterday and the dollar went down in value. That caused the price of oil to go up. The oil producing countries that lowered their oil output in response to the release of the Strategic Oil Reserve are not helping matters much either.

Today the oil price is down 67 cents/barrel. Yippee! Tomorrow someone in the Middle East will throw a rock at a tank rolling down the street and and an hour later the gas price at my local gas station will go up 10 cents. Next week some other public official will say something else about the economy, or some oil producing country will have some new problem or unrest activity and the price will get jacked back up again.

I am tired of the oil price game. Maybe that is why I have not follwed it much until today when I read up on it again. I am tired of getting ripped off at the pump because of what some public official says or what Wall Street speculators and oil producing entities do to the prices, all so they can continue making record profits.

I am really tired of being ripped off and as Bruce Springsteen put it, "held up without a gun".

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back