Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I paid $3.79 for 87 Mobil today..While I was there the guy was changing the price again.

CROWNVIC4LIFE,

Gas prices vary so much from state to state. I wish I could pay one dollar less like you did. I can only hope that California gas prices stablize soon. I don't mind using ARCO gas at all despite the bad rap that everyone gives it but I can at least say I never had any issues over it. I can just add a bottle of Techron or Regain now and then.

Also I noticed everyones driving habits have changed for he better.

Durango

Yeah, the traffic flow is at round 70-75 MPH on Hwy-405 instead of 80-85 MPH when gas price was less than $3.30-3.50 couple years ago.

It brings up a possible new thread regarding driving habits.

I believe that regardless of what any person drives a person can acheive good MOG just by driving better.

Durango

Above $4.00 in Seattle. I use neutral gear more often on my Prizm 5MT to coast downhill and to stop sign more often to save gas (avg 35 mpg). I think I am ok as long as other people still drive SUV and Van to work. I have my 12 speed bike turned just in case gas become unaffordable.

Maxima97,

Looks like everyone on the west coast has been hit by gas greed again. Just try to keeo your tires in good shape and the engine in good tune and you'll survive. Even SUV's can get good MPG for how their made. Those drives just has to drive more conseratively.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
Maxima97,

Looks like everyone on the west coast has been hit by gas greed again. Just try to keeo your tires in good shape and the engine in good tune and you'll survive. Even SUV's can get good MPG for how their made. Those drives just has to drive more conseratively.

Durango

In Seattle, a green state, I noticed many people not only drive green car (Prius, Leaf etc) but also driving 5-10 mph below HWY flow speed even on passing lane. I can understand people lower rpm to gas but kind of danger to drive below flow speed. Even though I hate gas price at this level, I still think high energy price is good reason for people to think more about their life style.

Originally Posted By: Maxima97
Originally Posted By: Durango
Maxima97,

Durango

In Seattle, a green state, I noticed many people not only drive green car (Prius, Leaf etc) but also driving 5-10 mph below HWY flow speed even on passing lane. I can understand people lower rpm to gas but kind of danger to drive below flow speed. Even though I hate gas price at this level, I still think high energy price is good reason for people to think more about their life style.

Maxima97,

Over here in my hood some of the fastest highway driver are the onces driving those green cars! Personally I feels there crazy to do it but then again it's not my car.

Durango

Force the TBTF banks out of commodity trading.
This article shows a behind the scenes fight starting.
Oil and commodities have been bid up by banksters with your tax dollars. This hurts the many and benefits the few.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/insight-wall-street-fed-face-182249160.html

After the 2008 crash, TBTF banks sought protection as banks to get recapitalized by free public money and they went right back at it again.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I'm thankful it only takes me one gallon of gas to get to work and back.

Same here! I live two miles from work,and I usually just work 4 10 or 3 12 hpur shifts. A tank of gas would last me a LONG time if I just went back and forth to work.

It used to be only 1 mile,but I moved.

Thank goodness our vehicles are decently fuel-efficient!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back