Dad's new 911

Status
Not open for further replies.
porsche2_zpsc7cfa960.jpg

porsche3_zps67ca5b5a.jpg

porsche1_zps2f19fa01.jpg

He picked it up a few weeks ago. Its a base 911 with traditional manual transmission. He did get a few options but not sure what exactly. I know he got upgraded seats and 20" wheels, and some other small trim stuff. I have not driven it yet. He's coming over next weekend so maybe then.

This will be his 5th 911. I think he's had one since his early 20's. I grew up riding in these cars. I need to stop making excuses and get one...

Originally Posted By: stranger706
Its a base 911 with traditional manual transmission.

thumbsup2.gif
For him buying a manual! I like that it's the base. Really nice car.

Not poo-pooing in any way, but how does this compare to say, a boxter S or a cayman, since its not the turbo model?

Beautiful car. I may want a Porsche as my next car...

JHZR2: Porsche still "protects" their 911 and is the "better" performance option for the most part... now a Spyder or a well option Cayman might nip it in handling, Porsche still keeps the 911 protected against cannibalism.

Props to your Dad, stranger... Nice proper blue. I always want to run out with neon green paint and a roller to every silver 911 (lease) I see.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
JHZR2: Porsche still "protects" their 911 and is the "better" performance option for the most part... now a Spyder or a well option Cayman might nip it in handling, Porsche still keeps the 911 protected against cannibalism.

Props to your Dad, stranger... Nice proper blue. I always want to run out with neon green paint and a roller to every silver 911 (lease) I see.

Thanks! What's with silver Porsches and leases? I like silver cars, myself...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc

Thanks! What's with silver Porsches and leases? I like silver cars, myself...

I used to like silver (my old 280Z was silver) but recently I noticed a lot of Silver 911s about and a lot looked like the type of people who would lease them... then looking at the 3-5 year old used 911 fleet (sorry, been looking) you realize there is a lot of silver used 911s in that market. Silver to me just screams "it is not really my car". 911s in my book should be many different colors (greens, blues, reds, purples, oranges... and white IF you want to be conservative)... and I think only turbos should be allowed to be black. Oh well. I know I am crazy...

Yep Porsche is very careful to make performance numbers fall in line with the base price so the less expensive models don't surpass the 911. I would love to have a 911 Turbo with a manual.

Just.................delicious.

From the B pillar back, it just says "see ya" and gives you the middle finger.

+1 on the "ULTIMATE Super Beetle". A friend of a friend had a base 1970 911 and it has been my yardstick for ownable hot cars ever since I saw it in '73. Tell Pop 'good luck with it' for me. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back