New BMW X3 M40, INSANE power delivery (2024)

It's able to transfer all that power to the pavement without slippage. AWD with traction control but I don't think it uses the brakes.
Here is the procedure for BMW Launch Control if we are talking about the same thing referring to brakes which is part of the procedure.
I think maybe somewhere in this long thread maybe it sounded like I was talking about “traction control” but not my intention if that was the case.

Details here;

Short video summary here by BMW

Last edited:
Reactions: Ws6
Here is the procedure for BMW Launch Control if we are talking about the same thing referring to brakes which is part of the procedure.
I think maybe somewhere in this long thread maybe it sounded like I was talking about “traction control” but not my intention if that was the case.

Details here;

Short video summary here by BMW

Ive always wondered how abusive, or not, this actually was to tq converters in production vehicles.

Ive always wondered how abusive, or not, this actually was to tq converters in production vehicles.
You know, I was watching that video and was wondering if the Launch Control was electronically limiting the RPMs or was it only the full force of the brakes. Either way I would assume beating on a vehicle like that constantly isn’t a good thing.

Good point though, it will be a month or so before I see him as far as my own question but I hesitate to talk much about it as I don’t want to fully condone this type of driving.
I’m sure as you know with your car the speed is a blast, the acceleration had me laughing and a 3 second headache at the same time. In the second run I recorded what my face looked like LOL

Then hours later I thought to myself the speed we hit (which I don’t want to say) in the seconds that we did it on the rural road that we did wasn’t appropriate. He is a responsible guy with a family, maybe me older now and the things I survived though but not everyone does in wrong place and time. So after I came down from that “high” I got a little concerned. Yet in reality he doesn’t really drive like a crazy driver, actually the opposite. He said was just showing me what it can do.

Last edited:
You know, I was watching that video and was wondering if the Launch Control was electronically limiting the RPMs or was it only the full force of the brakes. Either way I would assume beating on a vehicle like that constantly isn’t a good thing.

Good point though, it will be a month or so before I see him as far as my own question but I hesitate to talk much about it as I don’t want to fully condone this type of driving.
I’m sure as you know with your car the speed is a blast, the acceleration had me laughing and a 3 second headache at the same time. In the second run I recorded what my face looked like LOL

Then hours later I thought to myself the speed we hit (which I don’t want to say) in the seconds that we did it on the rural road that we did wasn’t appropriate. He is a responsible guy with a family, maybe me older now and the things I survived though but not everyone does in wrong place and time. So after I came down from that “high” I got a little concerned. Yet in reality he doesn’t really drive like a crazy driver, actually the opposite. He said was just showing me what it can do.
Everyone has their own risk-reward balance. I just know noone gets out of life alive

Cleaned up the interior and stuff today in the new to me X3M, found this in the back 🤔

IMG_1223.jpeg

Hmmm. Im thinking the lot kid or whoever makes sure these are in the back of the cpo vehicles didn’t know any better. Just like the finance manager thought it had an S55 engine lol. I’ll use it for top ups in the wife’s Forester.

Back