CX-30 Turbo - 250hp 320lbs torque

Lots better vehicles out there. I am sure the 250HP engine is wild. my 18' Forester XT is pretty satisfying. I would consider the Subaru crosstrek..Superior handling, awd, rear visibility and with the upgrades 2.5 liter from the 2.0 more than enough power. This vehicle recorded the highest crash tests in the more stringent Japanese tests.

Drive one.

The Crosstrek was on my list, but it has been underpowered. We have a 2020 Impreza which is basically the same car. The CX-30 IMO, is a more polished vehicle than the Crosstrek. With a turbo, it's going to be quick. The Crosstrek has the edge off-road, but the Mazda has the edge on road.

From what I understand the CX30 is targeted towards single and newly married couples.
It’s another option for consumers and that’s good.
I think your right about the marketing idea. I don't agree with the premise. So what if your single, newly married, have no kids yet? Eventually you will. Do you not have any friends? Would they not like to ride in the back of a roomier vehicle? Will the day not come when you need to haul some stuff? The option is for people is nice i guess. I think most buyers will eventually wish they had the CX-5. The beauty of the CX-5 and similar vehicles is it still drives small enough, yet is quite large inside. They are priced way too close to each other. If i didn't have such a crush on wagons i'd own something in that size category.

But, i'm an eccentric guy and don't agree with a lot of vehicles. For example, i just lined up next to some compact Hyundai thing with AWD, slight lift, plastic cladding, ect and i thought it was silly. I understand the irony driving a golf alltrack. Making fun of a Hyundai that is almost the same thing, but like 1-2 feet shorter and therefore less cargo space. 90% sure it was a Kona. It just looked so scrunched up.

I think your right about the marketing idea. I don't agree with the premise. So what if your single, newly married, have no kids yet? Eventually you will. Do you not have any friends? Would they not like to ride in the back of a roomier vehicle? Will the day not come when you need to haul some stuff? The option is for people is nice i guess. I think most buyers will eventually wish they had the CX-5. The beauty of the CX-5 and similar vehicles is it still drives small enough, yet is quite large inside. They are priced way too close to each other. If i didn't have such a crush on wagons i'd own something in that size category.

But, i'm an eccentric guy and don't agree with a lot of vehicles. For example, i just lined up next to some compact Hyundai thing with AWD, slight lift, plastic cladding, ect and i thought it was silly. I understand the irony driving a golf alltrack. Making fun of a Hyundai that is almost the same thing, but like 1-2 feet shorter and therefore less cargo space. 90% sure it was a Kona. It just looked so scrunched up.

I agree. The CX5 is a better choice looking forward. One thing to note though is that more and more younger couples are either not having children or wait several years. That demographic is changing.

When i was a kid the old people drove giant sedans, buicks, cadillacs, lincolns, ect. Now i see the old folks driving a brand new subcompact crossover and i am like happened? These things are smaller than my Alltrack and i consider it to be quite small. At least it drives like its really small.

I agree. The CX5 is a better choice looking forward. One thing to note though is that more and more younger couples are either not having children or wait several years. That demographic is changing.
I dont plan to ever have children, and bought my cx5 when I was single (the first ones anyways). It was all about being able to fit a dog, lots of gear, and have a competent on and soft road capable suspension and awd with good reliability and mpg.

Back