2024 Mazda CX-90

pbm

I stopped at a Mazda dealer to price some filters etc...for my daughters CX-30 and saw their new CX-90 on the lot.
It comes with a 3.3L straight 6 turbo which has a 'mild hybrid' motor as well. The powertrain claims 28 mpg highway in what is a fairly large, roomy vehicle. The sticker was $47K and change and it seemed very well equipped. I guess what impresses me most is that Mazda went with a straight six rather than a V6. I wonder if it's their 2.5 four cylinder with 2 cylinders grafted on?

Yes I absolutely love the new cx90 I think they did a great job. We have a 2018 CX-9 which we really like as well so I imagine this one is well ahead of it. My trouble is just car prices. My wife and I both make good salaries but the cost of living is getting crazy makes it less appealing for sure to get anything new!

I stopped at a Mazda dealer to price some filters etc...for my daughters CX-30 and saw their new CX-90 on the lot.
It comes with a 3.3L straight 6 turbo which has a 'mild hybrid' motor as well. The powertrain claims 28 mpg highway in what is a fairly large, roomy vehicle. The sticker was $47K and change and it seemed very well equipped. I guess what impresses me most is that Mazda went with a straight six rather than a V6. I wonder if it's their 2.5 four cylinder with 2 cylinders grafted on?
The CX90 also has a IL6 without turbo. Mazda has always marched to a different drummer, good on them, their engineering is excellent
had a little Truck of theirs (B2000 i think) on my farm that was abused, neglected and still ran like champ. They also never bought into the CV tranny and developed their own transmission which always performed better. If I were in the market the CX90 would be the 1st I'd consider.

It’s a brand new engine.

I know that! I was only underlying that Mazda is solid engineering and that they don't
change things just to follow the herd.
Are you sure? Mercedes had the inline 6 w/turbo and mid hybrid setup since 2018 or thereabouts. Very smooth running engine on he highway.

Are you sure? Mercedes had the inline 6 w/turbo and mid hybrid setup since 2018 or thereabouts. Very smooth running engine on he highway.

The CX-90 also has the PHEV version with the 2.5 4 banger and electric motor. Early fuel economy numbers put that in the 50 plus mpg range. A lot of attention is being put on the inline six but I would not discount the other model. That PHEV is rear wheel drive as well.

But of course, MB had an inline 6 since I was a kid! I never said that Mazda was 1st with this, only that they think things through before implementing.

Back