2024 Mazda CX-90

The Mazda straight-six is derived from the Skyactiv straight-four. It is not from another automaker.

The new transmissions (there are two distinct series in the CX-90) are set up for rear-drive and have 8 speeds, but they are Mazda designs and not ZF units as some people seem to think they are.

I've seen one on the road yesterday. Remindsd me of a slightly shorter Amada.

I doubt they're doing it but how much of a mistake would bringing the BT-50 to North America be? Trucks have gone luxury and Mazda is pushing to be a more premium brand. On the other hand, there's a lot of competition and they can't take too many chances.

I doubt they're doing it but how much of a mistake would bringing the BT-50 to North America be? Trucks have gone luxury and Mazda is pushing to be a more premium brand. On the other hand, there's a lot of competition and they can't take too many chances.

It’s a crowded market. I’m not sure the design would appeal to the tastes of Americans that want their pickup trucks to look like Peterbilts.

The Mazda BT-50 is a rebadged Isuzu pickup assembled in Thailand.

I saw on YouTube body panel gaps were extraordinary. Sounded well constructed

Dave Coleman just released a Motoman video where he talks about the mechanicals of the CX-90 including the new Kinematic Posture Control system.

Thanks for posting this. Great description of the CX-90. I watched another video as well and decided I liked the channel and the presentations. (y)

Thanks for posting this. Great description of the CX-90. I watched another video as well and decided I liked the channel and the presentations. (y)

The main character George is a bit goofy but he knows his stuff. Dave Coleman of course is an expert. The best videos are when they are on together.

For me, Motoman and Autogefühl are a couple of the best YouTube channels out there in the automotive sense.

Mazda dealer offered $5k off msrp on CX9.... which is tempting for a gas guzzler

I wonder how long before issues are reported on the cx90... Since my workhorse is ol' and tired, I can wait or take the '9 and know what to expect over the next decade.

Back