Courteous thieves.......attempted car break in.

Probably trying to get something in the gap to hit a power door un-lock button.

Oh yeah I remember a body shop fixing my car once. The door was a little bent afterwards and I mentioned it to them. The way they fixed it was to roll the window down and just grabbed that corner of the door and put their weight/leaned on it a few times to bend it back. Closed the door a few times to see how close they were getting and afterwards they were done, about 2-3 minutes.
Exactly. That is how it is done in the assembly plants as well for final finesse of the door fit.

You guys would have loved the thieves that got into my brother in law's jeep. Bent up the passenger door frame, damaged the lock, broke the passenger window and finally got in to steal almost nothing of value.

If they had noticed prior to doing all this damage, that the driver side door was unlocked and the window was down...…

Thieves broke into my truck several years ago. Punch a hole under the door handle to get in. Wife had left her pocketbook in the truck. These guys were smart, they only took a small amount of her money and one credit card leaving everything else. We didn't know anything was missing until credit card company called. I had to have entire door repaired and painted out of pocket. I told the police I was going to quit locking my vehicles, cost me more to get it fixed than the thieves got. Police said, don't do that, we can't get them for breaking and entering if you don't lock it.

When I lived it St. Louis in the mid 80’s I had a city car, a 74 monte carlo big block that was quite rusty but ran quite well for the day. I never locked it. One day they stole my floormats. I used a boom box for the stereo, had a generic Delco am/fm in the dash.

On the other hand a coworker bought a new trans am. Gone the next morning. Parked under a light. He did get it replaced, but it was locked up in a storage building EVERY NIGHT. He drove a city car that sat outside the apartment. He had it out, he was out on a date, and they stole the wheels sitting outside the restaurant. I lost track after that as I moved way far away from that city.

Rod

I would recommend a weekly crucifixion of a few random thieves or scam artist or identity thieves like this.

Your lack of humanity is appalling.
And no, I'm not suggesting they get off scot free.

Great idea until you're the guy misidentified as one of the thieves and subsequently put up for the show you seem to want to see.

Sheesh.

I just want to thank the criminals who attempted to break into my car by prying the door open (?!?!) - they were kind enough to #1 not scratch any of the paint and #2 not resort to just breaking the window out. I honestly have no idea when or where this happened, my drivers door was not like this when I detailed it on Friday and my car ended up sitting for 2 days then 3 days parked in a garage at work. I don't keep anything in my car of value, the most they would have gotten away with would have been a $10-15 umbrella, a short 3' lightning to USB cord, my access badge for garage at work and my mailbox keys - must be new thieves just doing it all wrong.

The pics below were after I bent the top half back in as much as I could - it was sticking out ~½" further. Fortunately the inner door seal was not damaged so no water leaks but the wind noise is apparent starting ~45-50MPH. Took it to body shop today for estimate to repair, I CANNOT wait to see what this is going to set me back.

Thank you again to the courteous criminals for not damaging my paint or breaking a window for an umbrella.

View attachment 61454
Cameras is the parking garage?

Back