Costco Gas - Very much worth the membership cost.

I rarely have to wait to fill up at any of the local Costco gas stations but there are several to choose from so that may be why they aren't always backed up...

Bill

I am a Costco member, but unfortunately they only have 85 and 91 octane here. My cars call for 87.

85 is the 87 in higher altitudes. I have had three Silverado pickups and have run 85 in all of them without any issues what-so-ever. You may want to research this as to why in higher elevations 85 is offered and not 87.

I am a Costco member, but unfortunately they only have 85 and 91 octane here. My cars call for 87.
The octane requirements are based on sea level. +800ft elevation -1 octane.
At the lowest point in Colorado(~3300), you can safely use 83 octane fuel.

this has to be just in my head, but does anyone feel they get less MPG with costco compared to Shell or Chevron? maybe i just slam the pedal more because it is cheaper lol.

Since this topic is resurrected.
I get gas at costco ever chance I can get. Their fuel is top notch and the cheaper cost is a huge benefit. Our local costco goes through about 3 tank loads of fuel per day (about 27,000K gallons).

27million gallons a day is alot. 😉

I go to a lot of trouble to get $.10 gas at Kroger, but it saves me about $100 lately.
When it hits me unplanned (without other cars or jugs), I do finish with the next guy in line for free.
Shocks them!

Never thought I would see more consumers challenged to fill a vehicle fuel tank than Costco members in California. Observing them in the line gives one a sense they are super educated...... and deeply lack critical thinking. Like every time they open the fuel door .... is like they never did it before. Every single step from pulling up to the pump to getting a fuel purchase receipt and all steps in between... seems to be quite the challenge for so many California Costco members purchasing their fuel at Costco.... but we all know they only buy their fuel at Costco so they can get the one percent rebate or whatever it is.....

Well, I am wrong. Sam's Club consumers in Columbia, SC area are even more challenged in putting fuel in their vehicle. For a very different reason than California Costco members. In Columbia, Sam's Club members struggle to understand the one way in, one way out of the fuel station. They also seem to want to cut the line..... easier leaving a parking lot at the end of a fireworks show than getting fuel at a Sam's Club in Columbia, SC in a orderly/ timely manner.

Still worth the nuttiness' of buying premium fuel at such a good discount at Costco and Sam's Club....

Maybe a nice dissertation doctorate subject for a psychology major on why California Costco members and South Carolina Sam's Club members are so wacky purchasing fuel....... :unsure:

Never thought I would see more consumers challenged to fill a vehicle fuel tank than Costco members in California. Observing them in the line gives one a sense they are super educated...... and deeply lack critical thinking. Like every time they open the fuel door .... is like they never did it before. Every single step from pulling up to the pump to getting a fuel purchase receipt and all steps in between... seems to be quite the challenge for so many California Costco members purchasing their fuel at Costco.... but we all know they only buy their fuel at Costco so they can get the one percent rebate or whatever it is.....

Well, I am wrong. Sam's Club consumers in Columbia, SC area are even more challenged in putting fuel in their vehicle. For a very different reason than California Costco members. In Columbia, Sam's Club members struggle to understand the one way in, one way out of the fuel station. They also seem to want to cut the line..... easier leaving a parking lot at the end of a fireworks show than getting fuel at a Sam's Club in Columbia, SC in a orderly/ timely manner.

Still worth the nuttiness' of buying premium fuel at such a good discount at Costco and Sam's Club....

Maybe a nice dissertation doctorate subject for a psychology major on why California Costco members and South Carolina Sam's Club members are so wacky purchasing fuel....... :unsure:
I buy Costco gas while my wife shops on our monthly trip to the big city..what amazes me are the number of women who wait in line to pump gas for 20 seconds. Is that maybe 4 gallons? They must fill up by habit or by schedule. I’m buying 16+ gallons and wouldn’t wait in that line to save 80 cents total on 4 gallons.

Back