Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner needed if Costco gas is used often

According to Scotty Kilmer on Youtube there is nobody who actually checks to see if the additives claimed in Top Tier gasolines are actually there or in what quantities if they are. All of the different gas stations get their gas from the same place. It's only what's added that differentiates them. Make of it what you will. I only repeating what Scotty Kilmer said. I always buy Top Tier gas but annually use some Gumout with PEA or Techroline.

According to Scotty Kilmer on Youtube there is nobody who actually checks to see if the additives claimed in Top Tier gasolines are actually there or in what quantities if they are. All of the different gas stations get their gas from the same place. It's only what's added that differentiates them. Make of it what you will. I only repeating what Scotty Kilmer said. I always buy Top Tier gas but annually use some Gumout with PEA or Techroline.
Where do they supposedly mix the top tier additives into the fuel? Is it at the station when their filling the tanks or at the refinery or?
Probably using reputable chain top tier gas stations is your best bet either way I’d imagine.

Around here, Sheetz and Wawa are non-Top Tier. A mechanic at my VW dealer once told me that almost every car that comes into the dealer's shop with injector issues has been using Sheetz gas! I only use Top Tier....Exxon, Shell or Sunoco. Funny, you see all the new cars lined up at Sheetz when across the street AT THE SAME PRICE is a Top Tier Exxon station! People need to read their owner's manuals!!

I almost always buy my gas at Costco unless I am out of town. Techron is a good product and works very well in C5 Corvettes with gas guages that get stuck or work part time. If it repairs them I have to believe it's good at cleaning injectors too. I do not use an additive unless I feel my engine is not running perfectly.

Ethanol is a great fuel system cleaner as long as you run the tanks down when you fill so water does not accumulate over time.

Holiday was dropped from Top Tier when Circle K bought them. Top Tier gas is the same or cheaper than the independents where I live, so no real reason not to use it.

Where do they supposedly mix the top tier additives into the fuel? Is it at the station when their filling the tanks or at the refinery or?
Probably using reputable chain top tier gas stations is your best bet either way I’d imagine.
Costco is the only seller that puts the additives(from Lubrizol) into the gas when it is delivered. All the others put their additives in at the fuel terminal when filling the tankers. Costco wanted control of what went in their gas.

The E15, aka 88UL here, is cheaper than the 87 oct by almost 30 cents a gallon. And I see the Feds are helping Casey's and Loves here in Illinois, with adding more E15 pumps. The new Casey's have quite a selection of gas.

I use fresh, garden variety 87 octane, from busy cheapest priced independents. Don't let the gas tank get below 1/4 full. Techron every once in a blue moon.

Dyno comparison of various top tier fuels in Western Canada. Costco 91 is there with Chevron 91 and Shell 91 for what it's worth.

I almost always buy my gas at Costco unless I am out of town. Techron is a good product and works very well in C5 Corvettes with gas guages that get stuck or work part time. If it repairs them I have to believe it's good at cleaning injectors too. I do not use an additive unless I feel my engine is not running perfectly.
...not just C5 Corvettes (but that is how I learned of it)...I've used Techron to free up sticking/non working gas gauges in a Ford F-150 and a Toyota Corolla...if I buy a new used vehicle it gets a double dose of Techron to start its journey with me...

Bill

Wife’s Pilot uses whatever gas. Every now and then top tier. I use Redline SL1 at 60 and 20% olm. The Tacoma gets top tier and Redline SL1 every six months.

Back