Commercials that you hate.

The animus directed toward "dead people resurrected for ads" threads got me thinking. How many are there (have there been)?

1) Harley Earl depicted in Buick ads from several years ago. "Hi, I'm Harley Earl and I'm back..."
2) Jimmy Dean's voice used in sausage commercials now. He's gone ~12 years already.
3)
4)
?
I don't remember what it was for, but a few years ago there were some commercials which featured a guy that was supposed to be Harry Caray. Trouble is, he was awful! There are some really good Harry Caray imitators out there but this guy was not one of them. It was painful.

Used to hate Lexus December to Remember - expensive cars in front of the house with a ribbon
Almost like the plugs for a pyramid scheme just a few years back …
(and that dudes voice was drone deluxe)

Hate? None, if they want to pay their money, fine. I don’t watch. The one with the puppy is sad because they put a price on life versus object. The puppy is worth more than money, just wants a home and family, but so often it ends up sad for them.
One thing about getting people to remember or start to believe something, just tell them the most outrageous story possible. It’s some kind of psychological trick. Getting people to remember insane things makes them choose the product for some reason.
Along those lines, I took a marketing class in college as an elective and it turned out to be quite informative. One of the things I remember from that class was, “You don’t sell the steak, you sell the sizzle!”

Used to hate Lexus December to Remember - expensive cars in front of the house with a ribbon
Almost like the plugs for a pyramid scheme just a few years back …
(and that dudes voice was drone deluxe)
No doubt if you are old enough you hated the Cordoba commercials with the corinthian leather...lol
I had one in 78...

Why do so many voice over people talk through their nose ?
Sirius has some of the worst falsetto voices, the one guy sounds like he is talking to kindergarteners

Any drug commercial, especially when they say "don't take if allergic", then list 20 potential complications that are worse than the reason to take the drug.

Above: "Why do so many voice over people talk through their nose ?"

Because that's an attribute of a voice which cuts through background noise resulting in that person being hired for voice-over work.

Actually, their instrument includes their noses and pipes.

"Please stay......Don't go..." the Drifters. There you get more than just nose.

The commercial for those wank science brain pills where they paid the annoying woman from the Big Bang Theory to claim she's an actual neuroscientist so you should buy this bunk. They should rescind her PHD.

The commercial for those wank science brain pills where they paid the annoying woman from the Big Bang Theory to claim she's an actual neuroscientist so you should buy this bunk. They should rescind her PHD.
That ad was a bad move for her, But Miyam Bialik seems well received as the new Jeopardy Host.
She used to be on a kid's sitcom in the 90's

Mayim-Bialik.jpg

I hate any commercial that starts with maximum volume, either music or the voice over. And I really, really hate any commercial that uses hip-hop music like it is somehow cool and appeals to all viewers.

Don't get me started on commercials that are attempting to be "woke". Sometimes it is done in a borderline subliminal way, with the images presented going by so fast that you have to ask yourself "wait.... did I just see... ?"

Back