Commercials that you hate.

The GMC truck ad where the guy gives the gal a puppy and she gives him a new GMC truck. Same commercial for 3 years and it runs at least once an hour. They just update the ad text and year model. Can't FF past it or turn to another channel fast enough.

Worst thing is, drum roll please....................................PAYING FOR COMMERCIALS. They do it with cable and streaming..........but it's especially seemingly vicious with paid streaming......take Peacock for example. $4.95/month. Some (few) OK shows, but a lot of EPL games for my brother and guests................anyway..........yep commercials (short ones for now).........uggh. Like getting beat with two sticks.

The animus directed toward "dead people resurrected for ads" threads got me thinking. How many are there (have there been)?

1) Harley Earl depicted in Buick ads from several years ago. "Hi, I'm Harley Earl and I'm back..."
2) Jimmy Dean's voice used in sausage commercials now. He's gone ~12 years already.
3)
4)
?
NOTE: That pharma commercials with their big paragraph of side effects weren't laughed off the air speaks volumes.

cell phones + prescription drugs!!! i usually "flip" to 50's gold on channel return to enjoy the best music ever made IMO

While not currently aired, the old Charmin commercials with Mr. Whipple made my skin crawl. My all-time winner for creepiest commercials.

5665B7DD-A9C4-4C57-B254-466841C91341.jpg

The GMC truck ad where the guy gives the gal a puppy and she gives him a new GMC truck. Same commercial for 3 years and it runs at least once an hour. They just update the ad text and year model. Can't FF past it or turn to another channel fast enough.
I was just about to mention that. She has no appreciation for the puppy.

It's even worse in another ad when he gives her a new SUV and she wants his truck.
I want to slap that spoiled &!7c%! The guy looks like and idiot too.

living in a $20M dollar house. Man, GM has some really stupid and just bad ads.

1 800 K a r s 4 k i d s that jingle crawls into your head like a brain eating amoeba until you find yourself mindlessly humming it...
That is a Jewish charity organization in Jersey.

The original with the acoustic guitar wasn't bad, reminded me a lot of Johnny Cash and June Carter.

I was killing me that I knew that tune from somewhere and couldn't place it
Then it came to me - after 5 years of brin racking - it was derived from the "Hush Little Baby" nursery rhyme.

What do you think?

The anti- psychotic drug ads are very disturbing !

Only OTC drugs should be allowed on TV like alka seltzer Bayer Aspirin and Cherachol D

Anything that implies that doing the laundry is either easy or so much fun (dancing), like Tide pods, LG wash towers, Downy fabric softener, so annoying. Here's a couple:

Last edited:
Hate? None, if they want to pay their money, fine. I don’t watch. The one with the puppy is sad because they put a price on life versus object. The puppy is worth more than money, just wants a home and family, but so often it ends up sad for them.
One thing about getting people to remember or start to believe something, just tell them the most outrageous story possible. It’s some kind of psychological trick. Getting people to remember insane things makes them choose the product for some reason.

Back