Coffee - Your Current Brew

I vaguely remember the lemon from a cooking show, I think. I was dubious at first. I think the cream made it nice, but try without (first)
What you made appears to be a variation of Espresso Romano. I did a search to find out more about the drink and came across this article which you may enjoy:

I vaguely remember the lemon from a cooking show, I think. I was dubious at first. I think the cream made it nice, but try without (first)
Earlier this afternoon, I made a double espresso with finely grated lemon zest.. It was a great addition to my afternoon pick-me-up.

My monthly surprise from Peet's: I was very pleased to discover that the coffee this month would be from Peru as I have a connection to, and love for, that country. I lived in Pisco for about six months and spent time in Aerquipa and the desert town of Tacna, which is about 400 miles north of the Atacama.
Coffee.jpg

Just got 5 lbs of the usual dark roast whole bean Brooklyn Coffeehouse from Amazon and decaf whole bean dark roast from Vilar Imports on eBay. The decaf last about 8 months and the reg about 2-3.

And broke my fairly new french press. I had just ordered and gotten a backup the day before. Going back to plastic if I can find a good one.

Cameron's is the latest purchase. Not impressed with the prior Dunkin' Original Ground.
Bought Cameron's in both Light Roast Breakfast Blend Ground and Light Roast Breakfast Blend ecopods.

Reviews say it's too smooth - that the brand has no taste - no flavor.
I guess we will be drinking bland coffee for the next two months.

Picked up some beans from a highly-esteemed (talked up on the Coffee 101 podcast by Starkville, MS chemical engineer, urologist, roaster, and owner of Umble Coffee Co, Dr. Kenneth Thomas) local Nashville roaster (The Frothy Monkey).

I have been hearing about them for years, but have never tried their coffee, or their beans.

I decided to try one of their standard blends, and then, much to my delight, they had a bag of single origin Guatemalan (Gesha variety) on the shelf!

This will be my first Gesha, which I’ve heard is one of the most sought after varieties of coffee in the world.

Can’t wait to try them both, but especially the Princess Gesha, through the Flair 58 as well as pourover!
IMG_3631.jpeg
IMG_3632.jpeg
IMG_3635.jpeg

Back