Coffee - Your Current Brew

Just cracked open a box of Major Dickason's kcups. Weekends or late in the day is when we do kcups. Tomorrow I'll be opening up this.

1703380274681.jpg

And I just got these in the other day.
1703380319668.jpg

2023-12-21_16-05-02.jpg

I’ll be a lot of people weren’t aware that Vietnam was such a large coffee exporter.

However, almost none of it is actually good coffee. They grow almost no Arabica beans. It’s nearly all Robusta, which contains more caffeine, but tastes far worse (think harsh, bitter, burnt tires).

The cheap stuff on the grocery store shelf that doesn’t specifically say “Arabica” on the label is Robusta.

I will say, there are a few growers and roasters I’ve heard about who have done some interesting things with Robusta. But that’s by far NOT the norm.

You generally want to stick with Arabica for good tasting coffee.

Funny I read that on the box right after I posted hahaha nice roast
I'm not crazy about the aftertaste, but being a lungo, it's probably not as noticeable.
Sipping my Lavazza right now 🇮🇹. I noticed Lavazza has now opened roasting facilities abroad, I'm not happy about it.

I'm not crazy about the aftertaste, but being a lungo, it's probably not as noticeable.
Sipping my Lavazza right now 🇮🇹. I noticed Lavazza has now opened roasting facilities abroad, I'm not happy about it.
I can't sneak anything by you!!

OF COURSE I pulled a lungo! 🤪 :D I noticed no weird aftertaste.

Have not tried Lavazza Nespresso pods.

I miss my Teraldo !!!!

I'll post a review after Xmas, Tuesday or Wednesday.
@Wheel366, here's my review of Peet's El Salvador Siciniapa Estate coffee.

While the beans are dark roasted, they are far from the darkest of Peet's roasts. The beans were roasted on December 14 and were about six or seven days old when I received them. They were slightly oily and fairly aromatic, and produced a cup made with the French press that had a medium crema.

This is a single-origin roast with a flavor profile that is very subtly orange and stronger caramel from the Apaneca region of El Salvador. It's not a heavy coffee, and it's what I'd call medium bright. I usually prefer a brighter, more lively, profile, although the brightness here matches the roast and flavor well.

While I generally prefer simple, straight-ahead coffees without fruity complexities, this one is a bit too one-dimensional. While good, it's just a bit more middle-of-the-road than I like, and some more brightness or a bit more flavor intensity would be welcome. Kicking everything up a notch or two would be ideal.

Mom and stepdad blend their coffees. It’s tasty. This is at Karns Foods we walk to with reusable shopping bags. Not wasting gas on a 1.3 mile walk.

Attachments

• IMG_8919.jpeg
    IMG_8919.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 2
@Wheel366, here's my review of Peet's El Salvador Siciniapa Estate coffee.

While the beans are dark roasted, they are far from the darkest of Peet's roasts. The beans were roasted on December 14 and were about six or seven days old when I received them. They were slightly oily and fairly aromatic, and produced a cup made with the French press that had a medium crema.

This is a single-origin roast with a flavor profile that is very subtly orange and stronger caramel from the Apaneca region of El Salvador. It's not a heavy coffee, and it's what I'd call medium bright. I usually prefer a brighter, more lively, profile, although the brightness here matches the roast and flavor well.

While I generally prefer simple, straight-ahead coffees without fruity complexities, this one is a bit too one-dimensional. While good, it's just a bit more middle-of-the-road than I like, and some more brightness or a bit more flavor intensity would be welcome. Kicking everything up a notch or two would be ideal.
Thanks for the review. We are drinking Peet's Brazil. My wife isn't digging it. She said it tastes "dirty" if that means anything to you. She is in the flavor industry so she picks up on stuff that I don't get. Granted, my taste buds are shot from sinus issues and smoking cigars.

Back