Coast bar soap

BTW, I have noticed cheap motels supply once again soap and shampoo. For some time you had to bring your own. They are still stingy with towels, though. Years ago I kept hoarding dozens of those tiny motels and hotel soap and shampoo bottles in a drawer.
What really skeeves me out is how some (I'm looking at YOU Hilton) have dispensers mounted to the walls and they get refilled.

I shave with bar soap. I can't shave with body wash - or shaving cream. I have BOTH bar and jar in my shower. Sometimes when I'm running late for work a quick grab of the bar soap washes my (extremely short) hair, face, and nether regions all in about 45 seconds. I shower twice a day though, so a quickie like that doesn't make me too funky. 'murica

You also can't use body wash on a squalling belt. All my old school homies know what I'm saying.....

And don't be hating on @Hermann and his tooter pinky nail. All rock stars have a tooter pinky nail ;)

When I cut my foot on sharp rocks/barnacles I need to wash the dried blood off once the bleeding has stopped. Wanna see my bloody foot? It's super-impressive and gruesome.
There's a website that icky mens use to PAY for pics of dirty icky feet. Me lady told me about it and I'm still grossed out.

I'll tell you about it if you split the profit with me. Just change your name to vavavroomette. The mens will never know.

BTW, I have noticed cheap motels supply once again soap and shampoo. For some time you had to bring your own. They are still stingy with towels, though. Years ago I kept hoarding dozens of those tiny motels and hotel soap and shampoo bottles in a drawer.

In California? All lodging in California is required to stop giving out little plastic containers, but I think bar soap is OK.

Looked it up, and the threshold is 50 rooms. I’ve stayed in place where there was a wall dispenser. Not sure what the deal would be with existing supplies. I believe wrapped bar soap is OK, but not anything in a bottle. Once I stayed in a “B&B” in Hawaii. It was really a big home and our room had a separate outside entrance. The breakfast was Quaker instant oatmeal. Toiletries were the most generic stuff (like Suave) in large bottles and all the towels were well worn. Can’t complain though. Good price and excellent location. But it wasn’t like living in a hotel.

The bill, which is officially called “AB-1162 Lodging establishments: personal care products: small plastic bottles,” passed the Natural Resources Committee back in April of this year and is modeled after a city ordinance adopted by Santa Cruz in 2018. It requires hotels, motels, resorts, bed and breakfasts, and vacation rentals to eliminate the use of small, single-use plastic bottles of fewer than six ounces that contain personal care products. Instead, hotels and other lodging establishments are encouraged to use bulk dispensers.​

I haven’t used Coast in a long time. My go to’s anre Dial Gold (smells amazing), Irish Spring and Ivory and Duke Cannon. But I buy everything. Zest has good stuff, Dial has lots of good scents, Old Spice. Dove and Dove for Men. It’s all good anything off a department store shelf works for me lol.

Bar soap here typically since it’s cheaper. Currently working though a bunch of Zest 8 packs bought on the cheap. But I do go with a loofah for a good lather. :p
Ditto - Zest does not leave tub film like some bars do …

What really skeeves me out is how some (I'm looking at YOU Hilton) have dispensers mounted to the walls and they get refilled.

I shave with bar soap. I can't shave with body wash - or shaving cream. I have BOTH bar and jar in my shower. Sometimes when I'm running late for work a quick grab of the bar soap washes my (extremely short) hair, face, and nether regions all in about 45 seconds. I shower twice a day though, so a quickie like that doesn't make me too funky. 'murica

You also can't use body wash on a squalling belt. All my old school homies know what I'm saying.....

And don't be hating on @Hermann and his tooter pinky nail. All rock stars have a tooter pinky nail ;)
In a Hilton now with those - but there is a tiny bar of face soap …
The liquid they use will melt your eyeballs if not rinsed hard …

Totally agree. I hate the wall dispensers. We were at (I think) a Courtyard Marriott and I seen that and was like what the heck. It’s also at Holiday Inn too. I hate body wash. Had to go buy bar soap at the store.

Like to alternate a bit

IMG_2125.jpeg

I know that as a coke nail. Carrie Fisher had one in TESB. :ROFLMAO:

In California? All lodging in California is required to stop giving out little plastic containers, but I think bar soap is OK.

Including in CA during the multi-year event we must not speak of. I was traveling with extra toiletries including towels during that time.
Looked it up, and the threshold is 50 rooms.
Yes, now. Not then. Nobody cared. And not only in CA.

A Speick stick is the closest thing to bar soap I will use.

That's what I use for cleaning anything when traveling. Sj=kin, hair, clothes, shoes, you name it. One drop is enough to wash your hands. Add water.

Including in CA during the multi-year event we must not speak of. I was traveling with extra toiletries including towels during that time.

Yes, now. Not then. Nobody cared. And not only in CA.

I read that article wrong. Lodging with less than 50 rooms was given an extra year. But in 2022 my family stayed at several places where they had either switched over to bulk dispensers or where they still had bottled toiletries. I wasn't sure if the ban had started yet. I had definitely heard of the new law, but was kind of confused when it went into effect.

I didn't really do many trips in 2023, but I do remember staying at a Motel 6 where they had that weird bar soap. I'm pretty it was more than 50 rooms there. So individually wrapped bar soap is still OK. I think individually wrapped bar shampoo might be OK too, but that's kind of unusual. I have heard of people who get bar shampoo to get around the issue with airline liquids. Just towel dry it and put it in a plastic bag.

This thread sure has been interesting. We can't use Dial or any other antibacterial soap here, it's not good for the septic tank. We have a brand new Costco in our town now, my wife and I have renewed our membership now that we don't have to drive all the way in to Orlando to go to Costco. When I use up my current stash of Ivory bars I may try the Irish Spring from Costco. I haven't used Irish Spring in a very long time but I do remember it smelled good. I like the Degree Men's Black and White deodorant from Costco too. It works very well, smells good and keeps my pits dry without making them itch.

This thread sure has been interesting. We can't use Dial or any other antibacterial soap here, it's not good for the septic tank. We have a brand new Costco in our town now, my wife and I have renewed our membership now that we don't have to drive all the way in to Orlando to go to Costco. When I use up my current stash of Ivory bars I may try the Irish Spring from Costco. I haven't used Irish Spring in a very long time but I do remember it smelled good. I like the Degree Men's Black and White deodorant from Costco too. It works very well, smells good and keeps my pits dry without making them itch.

Don't know in your area, but at least around here the Costcos have Dr Bronner's peppermint liquid soap.

We are in central Florida about 20 miles west of Orlando. I don't remember seeing peppermint soap at Costco here but I think they did have the Irish Spring. It will be a while before I need it anyway. My wife has her own bathroom and she uses some kind of girly soap in her shower.

The price of soap in my area now was a big sticker shock. For a long time I was getting it sent to me from the dollar shave club every other month so I had a big surplus when I finally ended it with them. Now I tend to buy what I can find on clearance. This typically is some kind of Christmas or holiday blended soap. Last summer I was able to find some of the Dr. Squatch 4th of July soap and stocked up. It was about $1 a bar. Full price is like $7 bucks but seems to be good stuff.

freedom.jpg

Back