Coast bar soap

Like Nate asked...what else is there? Or have men become so feminized they prefer liquid soap and a loofah? Carrying the latter into a shower on base (or in the field) would have earned a well-deserved butt-kicking 20 years ago. How times have changed.

Try Ivory or Safeguard. It rips dirt (and the first layer of the epidermis) off like sandpaper. And that's the way it should be.
1707853805872.jpeg

1973 vs 2023

Meh. Soap is soap. Unless you have a legitimate dermatological condition, in which case you probably don't buy your soap at a department or grocery store.

In the shower, I usually just soap down with shampoo. It's already in my hair, so why waste it? I
If I were super-hairy I might do that. Then use conditioner for luxurious, soft fur. :ROFLMAO:
normally wash my hands in the kitchen sink with dish soap. No sense in dirtying up the bathroom sink with my greasy digits.
Dishsoap often contains phosphates that can cause skin irritation and sensitization.

The last bar soap I used before switching to liquid was Yardley Oatmeal & Almond. I use Every Man Jack and Treseme shampoo at the moment. I'm not consistent or brand loyal.

I shower when I'm away from home but usually bathe at home. I feel better after soaking in the tub compared to taking a shower.

I feel like I might be the only one who hates moisturizer. To me, the whole point of taking a shower with soap is to wash the grease and oil off of myself. Having an oily soap makes no sense to me.

I'm not saying I want to use lava soap in the shower, but it would be nice to have a few choices that don't include moisturizers.

There used to be a bunch of soaps that could rinse you "Zest fully clean", but not anymore. Within the last several years Zest and Coast and Irish Spring and others have changed their formula so that they all leave you feeling oily, and they leave a bunch of soap scum behind.

Does anyone know of any bar soaps (besides lava) that don't leave you feeling oily and/or don't leave soap scum?

It would likely need to be detergent based. There are some bars that have a detergent instead of real soap.

There’s really a happy medium. Stripping all skin oils will tend to dry out skin. I also won’t do a second shampoo. A lot of people think the shampoo has to lather, but it doesn’t really matter as long as the hair is clean after a rinse.

Also, these brands have changed hands, so the development of new products may be by different companies. P&G sold off brands like Zest and Coast but still has Ivory and Safeguard.

I’ve been using this…it is very good.

Some friends visited recently..40s ..with two teen kids. None of the knew what a “washcloth” was. They did apparently have some familiarity with the bar of soap.
6D6B0274-9F6E-4A19-ABBC-88EF7B6131DD.jpeg

Dial gold bar soap or Coast. I can get the larger bar soap at my local Walmart.

I did recently buy some Dial “Calming Lavender” 😁. I’m not prone to wild outbursts in the shower, but it is a neat looking purple bar of soap. If that’s a thing for people 😜.

IMG_0979.jpeg

Bar soap here typically since it’s cheaper. Currently working though a bunch of Zest 8 packs bought on the cheap. But I do go with a loofah for a good lather. :p

Last edited:
There's still an aftershave thread that has caused some tensions to flare up.

I'm actually kinda happy this one is going on. I was literally thinking what offer soaps here people use. I wanna try out different ones.

I’ve been using this…it is very good.

Some friends visited recently..40s ..with two teen kids. None of the knew what a “washcloth” was. They did apparently have some familiarity with the bar of soap.View attachment 203440
I have a travel loofah and travel size body wash/shampoo. Don't leave home without them.

Back