Clean Machine Non-Stick Mower Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if spraying silicone would work as well? I see you doing a test..........
grin2.gif

I see you have a Mark Twain quote like I have. The last one I had was one of his as well. He had some awesome quotes.
thumbsup2.gif

I dont know about silicone. The old mower was starting to rust and pit kinda bad and I was going to just paint it. I saw this stuff at Lowes and thought that I would try it. If it doesn't work I will just take drill and wire brush to it and clean it off and paint it anyway. My yard has a lot of shade and grows pretty slow so I only have to mow about once a week. I figured if I let the stuff dry in that hot ol' storage building all week maybe the stuff would be baked on.

Update

I finally have time to write that I was somewhat unimpressed with the stuff. I will say that the underside of the deck was fairly clean but the grass was really dry. There was a bit of dirt stuck to the bottom (from a couple of gopher mounds). I think that it may have helped some, but I am not sure that it was worth $8 a can.

I owned a landscaping company for 8 years and there are all kinds of things that guys try to keep the grass from building up on the underside of decks. PAM was a popular one....I never had much luck with it but some guys swore by it. Go to Lawnsite.com or Lawncafe.com if you want more info.

I bought a can of this stuff at the start of this moving year and it seems to help some. The mover discharges grass a bit better but I cant say if its all its cracked up to be. The jury is still out and I usually clean my mower once a year. We will see when I pull it off. Usually its a total mess. It cant hurt but Im not sure if its worth the purchase price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back