buy or not to buy?

Get a twin cylinder . Have over 500 hours on a J.D. 130 ( 22H.P. B&S ) that mows up to 3 acres ( some hilly ) for over 9 years . Have always used synthetic . 1st O.C. was 10w-30 ( P.U.P. ) and rest are 5w-30 that is mostly P.P. and 1 ( or 2 ? ) SHELL Gas Truck . All oil filters were ( are ) J.D..
A tually just ended up picking up John Deere D140 with 22hp BS motor. Did maintenance on it, changed belts and mowed. Runs great and mowed smooth.

Enjoy and hope it last many years . Let me know how you like the EZ O.C.. If less messy than regular oil / oil filter change , etc..

Enjoy and hope it last many years . Let me know how you like the EZ O.C.. If less messy than regular oil / oil filter change , etc.
I should clarify. I didn't buy new mower. I picked up used 2015 model with 230 hours, no EZ oc stuff on it. Just an old school horizontal filter and cap to drain the oil.

Hours from yesterday after 2 hour mowing .

IMG_1017.JPG

I read all these mower reviews and just want to repower my 42" Murray widebody. $600 for a 20HP V-twin delivered and may have to play with the muffler (needs an above deck one). There is 1" flex pipe and plenty of single mufflers around for each side.
1) Only needed safety switches, batteries and starters. Never issues with the deck or mowing (one a decade the belt wears out). Original spindles work great, spin quiet, grease them every year.
2) Peerless trans had a loose internal bolt after 15 years(I read this is an issue with some Deere). Took it apart, red locktite, resealed, no problems. Got 20W50 and 80W90. A local repair place said the repower on that Murray will give you less headaches than some new big box mowers. Said he has plenty in the back in for repair. Told me the trans on cheap mowers now are garbage, no where near the peerless automatic quality. He said unless you want to spend 4 grand +, repower should be a consideration. He offered me 200 for it with the bagger.

I read all these mower reviews and just want to repower my 42" Murray widebody. $600 for a 20HP V-twin delivered and may have to play with the muffler (needs an above deck one). There is 1" flex pipe and plenty of single mufflers around for each side.
1) Only needed safety switches, batteries and starters. Never issues with the deck or mowing (one a decade the belt wears out). Original spindles work great, spin quiet, grease them every year.
2) Peerless trans had a loose internal bolt after 15 years(I read this is an issue with some Deere). Took it apart, red locktite, resealed, no problems. Got 20W50 and 80W90. A local repair place said the repower on that Murray will give you less headaches than some new big box mowers. Said he has plenty in the back in for repair. Told me the trans on cheap mowers now are garbage, no where near the peerless automatic quality. He said unless you want to spend 4 grand +, repower should be a consideration. He offered me 200 for it with the bagger.
If the rest of the machine is in good shape, I'd repower it. I do quite a few repowers for customers for the reasons you stated.

Once or twice I noticed it . :)
I was reading about how to reset it and it says to leave the key in on position for two hours and it'll reset. I haven't tried it but there is now way dealers do that for every lawnmower they service.

Doubt it . I look at owners manual for service intervals or until something happens :) . Then it's time for the fix .

Doubt it . I look at owners manual for service intervals or until something happens :) . Then it's time for the fix .
Do check tire pressure , oil level , air filter and grease things needed every month or so . Not total neglect .

Back