Childhood friend dies

Im at that point and its not good aka lead asparin. I feel awful and though I should probably go to a hospital that is where I wont go. My cousin committed suicide in 2018,and I feel joining him or waiting to join him dying at home is more sensible. I always hoped for a more joyable death like stopping a terrorist or getting hit by a discrated driver. If I get bad and ill,take me fast or shoot me.

My sincerest condolences . So tragic. Vincent went before his time as many will.

Sorry for your loss. These incidents don't really feel real until it hit someone you know. Hang in there. It didn't feel real to me until one of my friend's patient died in the ICU (friend is a nurse in the COVID-19 unit).

Last edited:
I truly empathize with your loss. Like already pointed out, your friend would not want you to decompensate. Don't lose yourself.

I am sorry to hear you lost a dear friend and pal, stay strong and keep yourself on a positive train.. there's better days ahead.

Sorry to hear this … Too much pain and suffering in the world now.
You can be proud to have known someone who truly "lived his dash"

Force yourself to find some kind of professional help locally to assist you through this. It is the most manly thing you can do. Your friend would want you to continue-on some of the very great things that you described about him, even if it is one single little positive aspect that might make someone else's life better. That's what I attempt to do. I don't have the capacity to do large amounts of goodness for others. But if I can touch just a few and make a positive impact, then I succeeded. Make it your goal to carry-on a tiny bit of his legacy to make someone else's life a bit better.

Get on the internet right now and find local help. Even if it is via the phone or computer, do it!!!!!

And, thank you for giving all of us a dose of reality. You've already done something good by sharing your story here.

Godspeed to your friend

Good thoughts to you. Make it something positive. Contribute to charity( his non-profit?) in his name if you can. They are under severe stress now.

Buy a kid a kite, teach him to fly it. Take a kid fishing. Tell them about your friend.

Rod

Last edited:
Marco, My sincere condolences for your loss.

You are lucky to have had a friend like him.

For his memory and the kind guy he was, He will need you to go on, not to give up.

Now couple homework for you:

1.Tonight is the happy memories with Vincent night. You own it to him for being your friend all those years! He didn't let you down. Now it's your turn.

2. If you have beer in the house, pour it in the kitchen sink.

3. If you have hard liquor in the house, choose one bottle and the rest goes in the toilet.
You will make a label with Today's date and Vincent name and stick it on the bottle.
Next year you are to drink only one shot in your friend's name. And each year after that.

4. all the skills and nice guy approach you learned from him, you are to pass it on to younger guys. So the world does not forget who Vincent was.

All the best and look outside: there is a whole world to be lived and known about out there.

The innocence of the Photo you shared is quite touching.
Although we can't Change what has happened, I hope you find the Courage to fight these Demons that possess .

RIP Vincent Edwards

Get well soon, Marco620

Stay strong brother! God's assignment for you is to continue celebrating his life every day. Keep his memory alive. That's an AWESOME picture of you and your friends! Keep that picture with you everywhere you go. He will always be with you in spirit. You now have a brand new guardian angel.

Reach out to us Mark ANY time ok? We're all family here. We're all brothers and sisters. We're all one huge BITOG family. Don't ever forget that.

Marco, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and I really do understand what you are feeling. As I've lost 6 1/2 friends in the last two years. My oldest and closest friend is still alive, but had a massive hemorrhagic stroke a couple of months ago. So I count him as half a loss. He lost 1/3 of his brain and all of his abilities. Another friend gone in a horrific airshow plane crash. The list goes on and on.

I really had to sit back and think about how fortunate I was to have these people as friends. Sure, I wanted more time with them, but that's not up to me. In the end, I'm glad that their lives were as long and as full as they were.

My very close friend Bob is gone 2 years now. I toast him every year with the finest whiskey, we tell a few "Bob" stories and laugh a bit.

Marco, Very sad to loose a childhood friend.
Growing up there is so many memories.

Does Vincent have any relatives you can meet with and talk too?
That could be a catharsis for all of you.

Sorry man. You gotta Keep truckin' though!

The Sun comes out after the rain
-
- Ken

Back