Checked out 2022 ID4 yesterday and new 2023 with massive discount

Only issue with ID4 is some usability frustrations like touch screen HVAC, two buttons to control 4 windows, etc. otherwise I’d say it’s a solid vehicle. It feels more substantial than the Bolt as it’s quite a big larger. It’s also proportionally more expensive lol.

What does it say about you wanting a government handout in order to buy a car?? What does it say about anybody that wants a government handout to buy anything?
It says we want to avoid paying taxes. That little wartime experiment gone awry chafes at us. And its not a handout, its a tax credit, meaning we are only getting our own money back. Dont pay enough? Wont get the full amount.

There are 2023s on the lot at the dealers around us that aren't as high level as the one you started the thread with, e.g., ID.4 pro with the bigger battery, but missing a few things like a power liftgate, vs the $57K one you posted above. On a $46K '23 ID.4 Pro that has a dealer discount of more than $3K, the SK battery and so with the tax credit, the $5000 VW incentive if you use VW financing, you can get the price down to the high $20s. We are considering it.
Really nice cars. We are limited here on the coast vs the cities like Charlotte, Raleigh etc. Even though everyone knows Myrtle Beach is a far drive from the coast to the cities. Good luck with your decision, seems like a nice deal

Only issue with ID4 is some usability frustrations like touch screen HVAC, two buttons to control 4 windows, etc. otherwise I’d say it’s a solid vehicle. It feels more substantial than the Bolt as it’s quite a big larger. It’s also proportionally more expensive lol.
The Bolt market here at the coast is dry too. (see post above this one) We looked at one today, kind of ratty looking for a 2023 with 12k miles on it, my god, some people really trash their stuff. My wife's 2012 Mazda has one small ding in the rear door. This 2023 Bolt has a ding and scratches on the rear quarter and rear door. Maybe most can be buffed out.

There is a nice sounding Bolt, 2 hour and 10 minute trip up the coast though... I doubt we will make the trip. Loaded, mostly, price sounds right, 2022 so will get 4k off that if I remember correctly.

That is the issue, the used car credit has to be 2 model years old, so there are a TON of 2023 in places like Hertz and a few at dealers, but a 2 hour drive to look at a 2022 that qualifies, and of course, GM stopped making them. My wife likes the Bolt, still loves the ID4 too but actually is just as happy being the Bolt is smaller and she feels more comfy driving it, she is petite and 5 ft tall. With that said, being we saw the ID4 we do not want the base Bolt ... Its fun looking, I get started on this stuff then form here on in I just keep my eyes open for something but I am in no way actively bend on replacing her car. That will come in time when the right one comes up, who knows, maybe it will be when the new 2025 Bolts come out

She also likes the Trailblazer and Trax. So an ICE vehicle is also possible, options are good, no rush but I suspect within a year, could be this weekend or this month next year. On cool thing about the Bolt is it still has Apple Play and Google Play

If I absolutely needed a car right now I think I’d be tempted by the deals on the ID.4 since I can’t use the Tesla financing incentives in Wisconsin.
I think I learned about them from you or someone in here. Boy I got to say, the ID4 Pro and Pro + or whatever it is called. Just beautiful. I am partial to Euro heritage look and feel. It was very impressive

The Bolt market here at the coast is dry too. (see post above this one) We looked at one today, kind of ratty looking for a 2023 with 12k miles on it, my god, some people really trash their stuff. My wife's 2012 Mazda has one small ding in the rear door. This 2023 Bolt has a ding and scratches on the rear quarter and rear door. Maybe most can be buffed out.

There is a nice sounding Bolt, 2 hour and 10 minute trip up the coast though... I doubt we will make the trip. Loaded, mostly, price sounds right, 2022 so will get 4k off that if I remember correctly.

That is the issue, the used car credit has to be 2 model years old, so there are a TON of 2023 in places like Hertz and a few at dealers, but a 2 hour drive to look at a 2022 that qualifies, and of course, GM stopped making them. My wife likes the Bolt, still loves the ID4 too but actually is just as happy being the Bolt is smaller and she feels more comfy driving it, she is petite and 5 ft tall. With that said, being we saw the ID4 we do not want the base Bolt ... Its fun looking, I get started on this stuff then form here on in I just keep my eyes open for something but I am in no way actively bend on replacing her car. That will come in time when the right one comes up, who knows, maybe it will be when the new 2025 Bolts come out

She also likes the Trailblazer and Trax. So an ICE vehicle is also possible, options are good, no rush but I suspect within a year, could be this weekend or this month next year. On cool thing about the Bolt is it still has Apple Play and Google Play

It’s a bummer people don’t take care of their stuff. My 2017 Bolt with almost 30K miles at this point looks brand new except for some dead bugs I haven’t cleaned off the front.

It’s a bummer people don’t take care of their stuff. My 2017 Bolt with almost 30K miles at this point looks brand new except for some dead bugs I haven’t cleaned off the front.
Yeah, Im not saying we are going to but there is a nice sounding Bolt 100 miles from where we live. I guess this weekend will determine if we really want to take the drive. It's loaded, Im told mint condition, something my wife would like but man, 2 hour drive each way.

If we dont, then this whole car buying thing will be off the table for us unless something drops in our laps which will happen more local over a years time.

More confirmation already indicated by the big three massively scaling back EV plans. Kind of funny when you think about it. HUGE corporations get caught up in the same media hype as ordinary people. Unable to reason that we live in the USA with its HUGE land mass and high standard of living vs the postage stamp countries with lower incomes that get attention on mass adoption of EVs.

I said many times, EVs certainly have a place in our country/society, heck Im considering one for the second car used locally. I mean EVERY community here people drive around in golf carts too. EVs are perfect for 2 car families who use one car locally.

But Americans who routinely take road trips and also as a primary car? No way will they go backwards pay more money for a smaller car and sit at lines to get to a charger and then sit there up to another 30 minutes to charge it. Let's not forget homes with more than 3 cars too, no way will more than one be an EV. ... and for what reason? None.

Nothing against battery powered cars, we kind of want one for our household but to think this is the end all solution to a problem that doesnt exist for no reason what so ever ... well... you know? *LOL* Scare the population and the leaders have more control. Nothing has changed since mankind has walked on earth. The masses cannot think independently.

Since we are looking at EVs I can see the amount of them available at dealers and some still trying to clear inventory from 2023, never mind the 2025 model year is almost here. Gosh also Hertz is literally dumping every EV they own on the market. Just check their website. Tons of them. Of course GM once again, messed up big time, shot themselves in the foot discontinuing their favorite EV for the masses and the one that is being grabbed on the resale market when they hit the 2 year old mark for the tax credit. We will see if Dec 2024 holds true and the new one released, smart move bringing it back, problem is, they lost momentum but that is GM, they love to shoot themselves in the foot.

They are making money though, big money on their ICE vehicles.

Last edited:
Im curious if you carry collision on your Bolt and if so how much did it jump up if you have a comparison .

ID 4 is a beautiful car, just not beautiful enough to be sold for $57k MSRP IMO. I think $35k is realistic and a decent price.

The slowdown in EV is real. Interest rate is going up and shortage of gas car is starting to gradually improve, driving down the price of gas car and makes EV being less attractive relatively speaking. China's economy is in a huge mess and that also makes the EV market going oversupply.

Toyota was really right all along. Hybrid is the no brainer in the near future and they place the right bet. Using the same amount of batteries to build more hybrid or plug in hybrid would be better for our environment and wallets both.

ID 4 is a beautiful car, just not beautiful enough to be sold for $57k MSRP IMO. I think $35k is realistic and a decent price.

The slowdown in EV is real. Interest rate is going up and shortage of gas car is starting to gradually improve, driving down the price of gas car and makes EV being less attractive relatively speaking. China's economy is in a huge mess and that also makes the EV market going oversupply.

Toyota was really right all along. Hybrid is the no brainer in the near future and they place the right bet. Using the same amount of batteries to build more hybrid or plug in hybrid would be better for our environment and wallets both.
I agree. Toyota was smart, as usual.

The front seat of the ID.4 is positively cavernous, and I'm 6'7" 300+. My Navigator does not have nearly as much front seat room either length, height or volume wise. That's probably why I like it so much. It's a good driver and it's fast enough to feel quick, like most EVs. You won't win any drag races with it but the immediacy of the torque delivery makes it feel sporty.

The only downsides I've noticed so far:

The software is occasionally buggy, had the infotainment system crash on me in my parents when I borrowed it while they were away recently. We were driving down a dark road after sunset and I'm glad none of the really important stuff crashed like the headlights and propulsion. That said, I don't know how reliably my parents take the software updates, they are not good with doing that on devices other than their phones and iPads.

It has no frunk like competitive EVs.

It's not a three row which would make it a better replacement for my Navigator. I guess we have the Rivian and the EV9 for that, but they are both really expensive still.

Yeah, my wife really likes it. The one in my OP of 30K Really well done.
That 57k is over the top with every conceivable option, I think the "Pro" models are more in the mid 40s. Let's not forget the taxpayer gift of $7,500.

Brons2 comments are helpful as well. I thought I have read about the buggy issue. That is inexcusable but I am sure it will work out and as he said not sure about what his parents do for updates. Though would give me pause to find out more.

It's fun looking for a car when you dont need one. We will get something in the coming year. Going to stop by a Chevy dealer right now with the wife to check out a ICE model (trailblazer) since there is a DEARTH of EVs here on the east coast. There is one Bolt but darn it, it's a two hour drive. If I knew I wouldnt be wasting my time we would go... but .. I dont know... will figure it out one day, we dont need a car (more so since I used Sylvania Headlight restore kit yesterday *LOL*)

I know no matter what we look at. The ID4 will be in our heads but not going to happen.

It's fun looking for a car when you dont need one. We will get something in the coming year. Going to stop by a Chevy dealer right now with the wife to check out a ICE model (trailblazer) since there is a DEARTH of EVs here on the east coast. There is one Bolt but darn it, it's a two hour drive. If I knew I wouldnt be wasting my time we would go... but .. I dont know... will figure it out one day, we dont need a car (more so since I used Sylvania Headlight restore kit yesterday *LOL*)

I know no matter what we look at. The ID4 will be in our heads but not going to happen.
Isn't that the truth. In my head I've bought the Highland, the Lightning, the GTI, and the Golf R in different scenarios. Reality is I need none of them, but I'm happy so many vehicles appeal to me right now.

Back