Put my money where my mouth is and finally bought an Armada!

It was actually Canton Mississippi
Sir I respectfully disagree.
I understand the engine is made at Nissans Engine plant in Dechard tennesse:
Here is one source:

But if that is no longer current, I am willing to learn. :)

Is there a secret or can you let us know what the very good price you mentioned was? ;)

45k + TTL?
45k + 700 USD doc fee+ TTL
Nowadays the doc fee is the dealers final line of defense sometimes... and I did not begrudge them this.

EDIT: Actually it was a 600 USD doc fee and a 100 USD lot fee, but thats basically a 700 USD doc fee ;)

Last edited:
1)I like the fact it doesn't have obnoxiously large wheels. It has lots of tire side-wall instead.

2)I had to look it up, I had thought Nissan went with the 9spd AT in the Armada for 2022+, but I see they kept the 7spd. No big deal either way. Either is a good AT.

3)FWIW, I love my 2022 Nissan Frontier S-model. Although unladen it rides more like a shopping cart than a magic carpet. LOL.
1) Yes this was a big selling point for me also.
I love value but could have readily afforded the higher trims but I just could not deal with the big wheels they sport.
Spending money on a new vehicle then selling the factory wheel/tire combo right away to replace with another does not sit right with me. Aside from price this was a big part of my preference for the "S".
2) I would have prefered the 9 speed also, as its a known excellent and modern transmisison. The 9 Speed is coming in the '24 model year if rumors are to be believed. I knew going it it would be the 7 speed but its not really a big deal as its also a known reliable unit and this engine is so flexible (90% of torque form 2000 rpm or so, almost like a Diesel) the gearing likely does not matter so much.
3) I was in the mood to pick up a new Nissan and a few months ago it was nearly a '22 or 23 frontier. But I love deals and just could not say no to this.

Nissan FTW! :)

Reactions: JTK
Yes this is the Global Y62 platform sold (with a lot of extra goodies such as an active hydraulic suspension, push button rear locker, long range 40 gallon fuel tank, extra off road modes for the 4WD etc) for 80,000 dollars in australia and 90,000 dollars the middle east.
The engine is assembled in the US, so they come into port and get the engine then.
Everything else is made in japan.

So the Armada is no longer a SUV version of the Titan as it was in the 2005-2015 generation.
The Infiniti version looked like what you bought while the Armada was still the suv version of the Titan correct?

The Infiniti version looked like what you bought while the Armada was still the suv version of the Titan correct?
Infiniti switched to the Y62 platform beofre the Armada did. So yes for some years the Armada was Titan based and the Infiniti was a Y62.
Since 2017 model year the Armada is a Y62 as well.

Congrats! My MIL had a 2017 QX80 for a few years that I drove quite a bit. My only complaint was the fuel capacity. It felt like I was always at a 1/4 tank in the thing.

Hers had the 22” wheels and I remember her saying it rode rougher than expected when she got it. I checked the tires and the dealer had over 50psi in them. Fixing that helped quite a bit! I don’t think hers needed anything in the time she had it, very reliable.

Thanks.
Next year they wont be making them like this anymore but with a twin turbo V6 like the Seqouia.
Future classic in my book..
100%...! I am bummed they are quitting on the Titan. Not a fan of anything "Turbo" for a work truck. Too much complexity and not enough reliability. I think it's a terrible move by Nissan as there are buyers that love the V8 sans gimmicks. Sigh... You do have a classic...!!! :)

Congrats! That's a beautiful ride. Love the wheel/tire combo. Wish our Palisade came with smaller wheels.

Congratulations on the new ride @palmerwmd. How’s the gas mileage on it compared to your Pathy?

The Armada will probably be the next choice when my R51 gives up the ghost

Congratulations on the new ride @palmerwmd. How’s the gas mileage on it compared to your Pathy?

The Armada will probably be the next choice when my R51 gives up the ghost
Gas milage appears better than in my V8 Pathfinder. COupling with a much larger fuel tank ( 26.0 vs 21.1 gallons) and i enjoy a good unrefuelled range

Update: Telematics antenna has been discnnected at a Nissan Dealer. Car no longer has the ability to send data out. The Nav is unaffected (this was a deal breaker for me) and even the Sirius XM still works.

Back