BIG mid-sized SUV knowledge

Not considering a new Sienna, they lost too much space inside and the hybrid is anemic…plus a huge wait for them.

Lost too much space inside?? I rented one last month for a week in CA and it had all the space we could need. We had 7 suitcases. I'm 6'7" 320 also, plenty of room for me.

The huge wait issue is real though. We loved the one we had in CA, but, I'm not waiting a year and a half for a new one, which is what the dealer said. And I don't want one that's one of the $55K ones, I want a base model.

The only option for a base LE Sienna seems to be getting an ex-rental car, Avis has some for sale but they've usually got 50-60K and in the upper 20s price wise.

GHL will be heavier than Sienna. Current HL is almost same weight and in some instances heavier, although it is smaller.
Hybrid from current HL will make GHL a Prius on the road.
It might be a compliment, since the 2023 Prius hits 0-60 in 7.1 seconds according to Car & Driver, which is faster than the Highlander Hybrid, and in the same range as the Highlander V6/2.4T

2023-toyota-prius-front-three-quarters-in-motion-2-1670948361.jpg

Lost too much space inside?? I rented one last month for a week in CA and it had all the space we could need. We had 7 suitcases. I'm 6'7" 320 also, plenty of room for me.

The huge wait issue is real though. We loved the one we had in CA, but, I'm not waiting a year and a half for a new one, which is what the dealer said. And I don't want one that's one of the $55K ones, I want a base model.

The only option for a base LE Sienna seems to be getting an ex-rental car, Avis has some for sale but they've usually got 50-60K and in the upper 20s price wise.
It's most likely the usual complaints about the 2nd row not removeable for max cargo capacity.

I'll stick with my 01 Durango with it's 360 magnum and 310k miles (so far) til it rots into the ground.
Still daily driven, still pulls the camper.
And then I'll be looking for another same style
Truthfully I wish I could find another XJ Cherokee that isn't rotted out, and that is reasonable priced, for it's age... absolutely cannot beat that inline 6

Lol, I know one thing: it will tow your over sized Prius and run away from regular.
Fake news

No it won't, VW says your 2.0T can only tow 2000 lbs max, and that's assuming you have a brake controller. No brake controller, and it's only 1650 lbs.

So, It can't tow my over sized Prius.

Fake news

No it won't, VW says your 2.0T can only tow 2000 lbs max, and that's assuming you have a brake controller. No brake controller, and it's only 1650 lbs.

So, It can't tow my over sized Prius.
Yeah, it can. VW says a lot of things. Leave braking to me. But then again, oversized Prius cannot go where Atlas can, so we won't meet.

Yeah, it can. VW says a lot of things. Leave braking to me. But then again, oversized Prius cannot go where Atlas can, so we won't meet.
We can't meet because you'll run out of gas in the middle of the woods.

The funny part is, your Tiguan can tow more than your Atlas

I just bought a 2023 Aramda.
An S 4WD.
Given that it was end of the year incentives I feel I have never got such a good deal my entire life before.
Rides fantastic, plenty of power ( though I did not go wild as its still in break in), nice simple gauges, fuel economy better than I expected (19 mpgs hiway) etc etc.
The "S" is pretty basic (manual flip over rear view mirror for example) but I saved so much I really dont care.
I am sitting in a full size V8 4wd SUV for less than the normal retail of pathfinder and 4 runner money (which of course are V6 midsizers).

Last edited:
The "S" is pretty basic (manual flip over rear view mirror for example) but I saved so much I really dont care.
I love manual mirrors the auto dimming ones never work when you are pulling a trailer or get dark enough.

The subaru does have the side and rear dimming mirrors which IS nice but I wish they had an override button like ram trucks to let you put them on full dark.

Thats great but I know people with them and they have had nothing but problems with it...You are a lucky one...
I'm lucky as well having 2 in the fleet - 2014 JGC (166k miles) and 2020 Gladiator (60k miles) - NO ISSUES

Back