Castrol Edge Extended Performance: Tested in Ford F150?

I noticed this claim on the back of the bottle "Tested in Ford F150". Usually with any claims on oil bottles I'm able to find more information on what was tested etc.. Does anyone know more details about this testing? Yes, I know all three would work fine in an F150 - just curious about this claim.

1652467193743.jpg

I remember reading an article couple years ago that said something like Castrol did test their EP oil on a 3.5 Ecoboost. That basically means Castrol was able to get the Ford WSS-MC***** oil spec certification.

What Castrol is really saying is their oil tested good enough and within the limits of all the API's series of industry standard oil tests on the F150 engines, (I'm pretty sure Castrol specifically tested it on the 3.5 Ecoboost engine).

In my book, any API SP certified oil will work great on any Direct injection Turbo engines if you follow the recommended or the "logical" oil change intervals.

Yeah... I'd love to see their UOA testing of the Edge EP at 20k in the EcoBoost engines... for the measurements that UOAs are actually accurate for- viscosity, TAN/TBN, and fuel/coolant contamination. If there's a 30wt oil that can actually stay in grade for 20k in a 3.5 that would be one heck of an elixir!

I remember reading an article couple years ago that said something like Castrol did test their EP oil on a 3.5 Ecoboost. That basically means Castrol was able to get the Ford WSS-MC***** oil spec certification.

What Castrol is really saying is their oil tested good enough and within the limits of all the API's series of industry standard oil tests on the F150 engines, (I'm pretty sure Castrol specifically tested it on the 3.5 Ecoboost engine).

In my book, any API SP certified oil will work great on any Direct injection Turbo engines if you follow the recommended or the "logical" oil change intervals.
I agree with you , But GM didnt think so hence them bringing out Dexos 1 Gen3

Back