Carry gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since folks were chiming in on their carry ammo... What’s your carry gun? Or home defense gun? Or both?

Glock 19 in GunVault safe on my side of the bed for home. Same G19 is my go to carry, too. Ruger LCP is my “I don’t want to carry a gun today” gun.

Wife has G17 in GunVault on her side of the bed. G26 is her carry. His and hers situation; all her’s are bigger. 😶

Sig P365 most of the time. Extremely accurate small 9mm
Sometimes other small ones.
I like to shoot and is accurate, the P238, but I just don't trust it to feed .380ACP hollow points 100%, so I carry hard lead Buf Bore.
Glock 26., but quite chubby.
Springfield XDS .45ACP when hiking above my house, with cougar about - which is always.

For HD, first is CZ-82 in 9x18. Because it such a natural pointing gun for me. Not something carry-able, but so accurate and so naturally pointable.

With the safe open at that point, rifle or 10mm.

winter gun is a Glock 23 and summer gun MP shield for CC MP 45 and AR pistol next to the bed. i hope to never have to use them in, but i am ready to defend myself and loved ones .

I've got a Remington RM380, Ruger LC9, and Ruger SR45 that I alternate between. I've got lots of others too but these are my carry guns.

For the time being a S&W 38 revolver bedside with an AR15 in the wings. A couple of shotguns scattered around the house just in case. Next gun show this spring I’m going to try to get a used Kel-Tec PMR 30; if not there then I’ll buy new. Also looking to buy a used Baretta Xtrema2 fixed up for home defense, but they’re expen$ive. Rebuilding my 100 y/o house, gotta do this stuff in stages. When things are totally under control I’ll probably get a Henry version of the Winchester side load 30-30. Had a real one when I was a kid, it was a great rifle.

Since folks were chiming in on their carry ammo... What’s your carry gun? Or home defense gun? Or both?

Glock 19 in GunVault safe on my side of the bed for home. Same G19 is my go to carry, too. Ruger LCP is my “I don’t want to carry a gun today” gun.

Wife has G17 in GunVault on her side of the bed. G26 is her carry. His and hers situation; all her’s are b
It depends where I travel to.
Various firearms in my bedroom and around my condo.

Home defense is a nightstand Glock 22 Gen 3 and Surefire light (my former LE carry gun) with HST 165gr and a trusty, old, 870 Police, cruiser ready, in the closet. Federal FlightControl 8 pellet "OO" Buckshot. Same ammo issued as LE since about 2005.

Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380. I rarely carry however. I usually don’t even have my iPhone 12 mini on me when I’m in a store because I hate carrying weight around no matter how small.

Carry: Sig P365 Federal HST* 9mm 124g

Wife’s carry: Walther CCP Federal HST 9mm 124g

Wife‘s home gun: Beretta 92 Federal HST 9mm 124g

Woods/hunting carry gun: Glock 20 Buffalo Bore 10mm 220g hard cast

Home gun (alternative): H&K USP Compact. .40. Speer Gold Dot 165g

“Just because I can“ carry gun: Springfield Armory Range Officer .45 ACP Speer Gold Dot 230g

House gun (usually in the safe, however) Daniel Defense DDM4 .300 BLK, 10.3” bbl, suppressed, Leupold LCO optic, Hornady 190g subsonic.

*bought a case pre-crisis. The CCP is ammo sensitive. It ran well on the Federal, so I keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back