can Amsoil ASL 5w30 really stand 25000 miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also considered the possibility that the engine that the oil is run in could also affect it's OCI.
I was wondering whether tooslick, pablo and msparks would recommend a extended drain for the years of toyota sludge machines?

quote:

Originally posted by SamMan23:
I want to see if anybody could make me a little more comfortable marketing this product as a 25000 mile/yr oil.

1989 Dodge Shadow Turbo
Engine oil changed every 25,000 miles
Total miles on engine is 135,000

Bolt came loose securing Cam timing belt sprocket

-

-

-

-

-

quote:

can we all agree that amsoil asl 5w30 is going to be in great shape at 15000 miles within one year with a sdf filter change at 6 months?

Nope , not in all engines made today and varying conditions they are driven in . Some of these are 3 quart motors and can kill an oil pretty good through summer months with an automatic and A/C on . Some motors will trash an oil from FI cold start injector and winter warm up .The variables are many .

I've lost track , where does 3MP's LS1 test stand in terms of time on the Amsoil ... 6 months ?

I'm an Amsoil dealer and I hardly know squat about oil or OA. I got in to get good oil at a lower price and don't even bother to try to sell it.

As far as running 25K miles without changing the oil: On my '98 Dodge Ram, at 3k miles, I installed a dual remote oil filtering system with SDF-15 Amsoil filters plus the Amsoil bypass filtering system with the BE-90 filter and switched to Amsoil 0-30 Series 2000 oil. I change out the filters and the oil once per year, which equates to about 17k miles +/- per year. It now has 101K miles and still running strong.

My .02.

Albin

[ May 04, 2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Albin ]

quote:

can we all agree that amsoil asl 5w30 is going to be in great shape at 15000 miles within one year with a sdf filter change at 6 months?

Ditto what Motorbike said. There are way too many variables to make such a blanket statement for every conceivable situation and circumstance. I believe even the knowledgable Amsoil sponsors, dealers, preferred customers and regular users on this board should agree with this. If they don't, somebody here will rake 'em over the coals real bad.

[ May 04, 2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: doyall ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back