Camry misfiring on highway

Thanks to javacontour and everyone for help. Both coil packs were bad. Cut out of work early and checked everything over. Plugs didn’t look bad at all. Cleaned all them off and dried them and checked gap and reinstalled.

Glad you got it straightened out man.

My lady's 98 Camry had a bad misfire a couple of weeks ago. I figured it was plugs most likely.... Replaced them and voila it ran darn near perfect.

A tiny tiny slight roughness at idle but it is hardly nothing at all. I replaced the coil on plug wires with NGK about 107k miles and 7 years ago. . That's impressive performance for wires lasting that long. Told my lady we need to do them very soon... So they will get replaced with NGK coil on plug wires for $56.

Another reason I buy important pets like coils, etc from my Toyota dealer also. Just a quick update; car passed emissions and state inspection. 🤔🤔🤔
Good call on the OE coils, I wont use NGK aftermarket again too many issues with them (3 in the last year), all bought from NGK authorized retailer.

Trav: I did also fix a few vacuum leaks and checked air box plumbing. That helped immensely. Don’t have the chugging/surging I had later pry of prior week. I did check all plugs, they didn’t look bad; cleaned them and checked gaps. Car now runs way better is all I can say. Thank You all and Trav and JavaContour.

Back