Camry misfiring on highway

Unfortunately, all parts can go bad no matter how old they are or where you bought it from including stealership.
Saying that part is OEM with so many miles do not mean a thing when there is something wrong with the car.
Everything has to be reviewed again no matter how old or new or OEM or aftermarket, etc.

OP just have to do a proper diagnosis.

Unfortunately, all parts can go bad no matter how old they are or where you bought it from including stealership.
Saying that part is OEM with so many miles do not mean a thing when there is something wrong with the car.
Everything has to be reviewed again no matter how old or new or OEM or aftermarket, etc.

OP just have to do a proper diagnosis.
No kidding.

I have to get car home then I can see what’s going on. Go from there

200k is about the time I replaced one of the coils on our 2002.

Still, get the code and do the test I suggested.

Also look for oil in the plug well. If the VC gasket is leaking there, the plug well may fill with oil helping cause a misfire.

200k is about the time I replaced one of the coils on our 2002.

Still, get the code and do the test I suggested.

Also look for oil in the plug well. If the VC gasket is leaking there, the plug well may fill with oil helping cause a misfire.
Well JavaContour here is the ugly. P-0301 and P-0303 codes. Just what I didn’t need. And it’s pouring rain here. I did replace the valve cover gasket with Toyota OEM One when I did spark plugs. Rechecked tightness 2 days later and still good. I’ll update this someday, or when I figure it out

Well JavaContour here is the ugly. P-0301 and P-0303 codes. Just what I didn’t need. And it’s pouring rain here. I did replace the valve cover gasket with Toyota OEM One when I did spark plugs. Rechecked tightness 2 days later and still good. I’ll update this someday, or when I figure it out

Thanks,
I think I'd still try something similar like just swap the 1-2 coils and the 3-4 coils and see if the problem moves before loading up the parts cannon.
My money is on coils if I were guessing with my wallet. But I'd probably want to replace the plugs first as they are less costly.
Either way, hope you get it sorted soon and yes, keep us informed.

Thanks to javacontour and everyone for help. Both coil packs were bad. Cut out of work early and checked everything over. Plugs didn’t look bad at all. Cleaned all them off and dried them and checked gap and reinstalled.

Thanks to javacontour and everyone for help. Both coil packs were bad. Cut out of work early and checked everything over. Plugs didn’t look bad at all. Cleaned all them off and dried them and checked gap and reinstalled.
Where did you get the new coils? Napa? How much? Don't cheap out or you will be reght back there again.
Don't ask me how i know...

Might not be ignition related. I would believe if the misfire occurs long enough, the CEL should come on with a code set.A vacuum gauge can tell if the cat is clogged as was suggested. ..

Get up to speed where the symptom appears. Hold your foot on the gas to maintain the speed and then press on the brake lightly to see if the symptom goes away to see if its transmission related...

Might not be ignition related. I would believe if the misfire occurs long enough, the CEL should come on with a code set.A vacuum gauge can tell if the cat is clogged as was suggested. ..

Get up to speed where the symptom appears. Hold your foot on the gas to maintain the speed and then press on the brake lightly to see if the symptom goes away to see if its transmission related...
I highly doubt it’s a clogged cat converter. Especially since I put a new OEM one on last July. Obviously I did have a check engine code before I diagnosed the problem as I verified it with my scan tool.

I highly doubt it’s a clogged cat converter. Especially since I put a new OEM one on last July. Obviously I did have a check engine code before I diagnosed the problem as I verified it with my scan tool.
Go back and recheck the last work you performed on the car. .02

Back