Brand NEW 1993 Toyota Pickup.

Any 0w-30, 5W-30, 10W-30 or 0W-40 would work. I had a 92 x cab 4X4 with the 6 cyl. and loved the truck.

It will be too expensive to do anything other than store indoors on a pedastal. What was a great buy brand new as a long lasting truck is just a decoration now. A very expensive decoration.

I had a white one, except it was a 22RE and an automatic. I gave it to my BIL when I got the Tundra. He told me the odo died at 350K, many years ago.
I think I paid $14K out the door, including CA tax. I believe it is still in service with a landscaping company in the SeaTac area.
I used 10w30 and even 0w30 when it came out. OE filters...

Interestingly, I have 3 cars made at the Fremont plant: 1965 4-4-2 (old GM plant), 1993 Toyota 4WD PU (NUMMI plant), 2018 Tesla Model 3 (Tesla plant).

Last edited:
It's a curiousity more than a collectible. It's not like a low production Buick Grand National, Corvette with certain options or exotic sports car. Maybe 100 years from now someone will think it is really special. Right now, Mecum and the owner are looking for a sucker.

It's a curiousity more than a collectible. It's not like a low production Buick Grand National, Corvette with certain options or exotic sports car. Maybe 100 years from now someone will think it is really special. Right now, Mecum and the owner are looking for a sucker.
Disagree.

Older Toyota trucks already have a large following, coupled with the fact that you won't find another one with that mileage. Millennials are also looking for vehicles they have a nostalgic link to, so the value of many popular 1990's cars that are hard to find now is going up. There are all sorts of collectors out there for different vehicles.

I don't understand the attraction of very low mileage vehicles. If you do drive it, it won't be valuable as a low mileage vehicle any more. The value will plummet. And if you don't drive it you'll have to store it, and at considerable cost (covered space, insurance, cost of money doing nothing).

It's a nice old truck, and that makes it worth quite a bit. But it's not a collectable.

I'd rather have a really nice one for 10 - 20% of that price with 100,000 - 150,000 miles on it. It would even run better. And I could use it to haul stuff, which is what trucks are for.

Very low-mileage vehicles can be problems waiting to happen simply because they sat. I've known of clogged hydraulic lifters in seldom-used American vans and light trucks with low miles, for example. This can happen for a specialty fleet vehicle, such as used by first responders and the likes of government agencies. If the fluids were never changed in 30 years, well...

When I worked in state corrections, I drove an inmate to a hospital in a 20–year-old Dodge van that had been converted to an ambulance (but no emergency lighting). It had fewer than 2,000 miles on the odometer. The engine had lots of lifter noise.

Cool! A friend and co-worker of mine at the time bought that exact model new in 1993. It was just more of a silver or grey IIRC. I want to say they were around $15-16K new then.

I had a brand-new 1993 Dodge Dakota reg cab short bed 2wd with the magnum V6 and 5MT. That truck was $12K new.

cool truck, but why be the original owner dedicated to preserving a vehicle for another buyer in the future? It doesn’t make sense as an investment, or as a emotional attachment. You have no memories of fun trips or stories to tell. I can understand keeping miles low so you can keep a car longer, but not to this extent.

Museums have old vehicles all over the world for keeping old cars for viewing pleasures.

If it were a 1993 Supra Turbo that would be something else, put a few more miles on this and it is just an old small truck in excellent condition.

Very low-mileage vehicles can be problems waiting to happen simply because they sat. I've known of clogged hydraulic lifters in seldom-used American vans and light trucks with low miles, for example. This can happen for a specialty fleet vehicle, such as used by first responders and the likes of government agencies. If the fluids were never changed in 30 years, well...

When I worked in state corrections, I drove an inmate to a hospital in a 20–year-old Dodge van that had been converted to an ambulance (but no emergency lighting). It had fewer than 2,000 miles on the odometer. The engine had lots of lifter noise.
Yes but this is a Toyota, and probably a Japanese-made one. They were touched by the Gods.

I had a 91. It was a good vehicle. I think maybe it cost around $14k but I don’t know if that’s even close to correct

They were great trucks, but SUPER rust prone when they were used in cold weather areas. That's a nice truck, but it belongs in a museum somewhere, it's too valuable to drive.

The Toyota pickup and Nissan Hardbody was my favorite style truck back then. I had a Nissan a long time ago and loved it (except for the rot). I would love to own this truck too. 😍

Reactions: JTK
Back