2019 Nissan Titan Review

This is my brother's truck. It is an SV trim, 4x2 with 82K miles. SV is kind of a mid-level trim, but his has some nice options including tow mirrors, DVD headrests and the Titan Boxes in the bed. He has owned it since around 31K miles and put the miles on fast in the first two years. It's the opposite now with the truck being rarely driven(they bought a Civic for commuting). Did an oil change as a thank you and it was way overdue. Within 700 miles on the new oil, it's already getting fairly dark. I had it for 8 days and put about 800 miles on it which included commuting to work, a trip to the landfill, and a trip up to the mountains over the weekend.

- It rides and drives beautifully. The ride is smooth and it soaks up the miles in comfort. Really liked the seats as well.
- No rattles or squeaks, overall interior fit and finish is really nice and holding up well.
- The drivetrain! Love the 5.6, plenty of power. The 7spd does fine, occasionally felt "lazy" but not bad and I would take that over clunking, which seems common on a lot of truck transmissions these days.
- Surprisingly decent fuel economy. On my commute 88 mile/day mostly highway I averaged around 21.5mpg. Trip up to the mountains with gravel road driving and a lot of idling returned around 19.
- Tow mirrors are nice on this truck, visibility is great and no excessive wind noise from them.

Dislikes:
- Not related to the truck itself but it has some off brand "Tormenta" A/T tires meant for HD trucks. The ride only suffered a bit but low speed maneuvers produced a really loud groaning noise. They worked well on the gravel/light snow roads though.
- Transmission doesn't hold gear on declines while in cruise unless in tow/haul, same with our old Armada. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying.
- Rear seat has A/C vents down low, but the power is very weak. Passengers could barely feel it.
- My biggest gripe is the rearview camera quality is probably the worst I've ever seen. Not clear, dim and if there's bright light even worse. Usable(barely) under ideal lighting conditions. It does have parking sensors front and rear though that I found helpful. 2020+ models have a better screen and camera.

Overall, I think this is a wonderful truck. My brother has had no repairs thus far and is very pleased with it. I used to own an '08 Titan that I loved, this Titan has some similarities but feels like a different beast for sure. It's a shame that the 2024 model is the end of the road for these as I think it's a gem in the segment. These trucks are still a good value though and can be had for a pretty good price.

20231125_133101.jpg

I wouldn't be opposed to owning one if I could get a good deal on one compared to the big 3. They seem like solid vehicle, just couldn't stand out enough from the big names to draw a crowd.

I wouldn't be opposed to owning one if I could get a good deal on one compared to the big 3. They seem like solid vehicle, just couldn't stand out enough from the big names to draw a crowd.
As soon as the new ones are off the dealer's lots-and the used car market softens-these things will plummet in value.

I think many consumers share the same sentiment. Although having driven them all, the Titan is one of the best in my opinion. I didn't care for the newer Fords and recently drove a Silverado LT that felt very cheap. However, I do like the Rams quite a bit, owned a 16 and 19 that I really enjoyed.

If the prices do plummet, an even better deal!

Such an underrated under appreciated truck. My daily is a 2013 with 120,000 miles. It’s only needed 1 repair and that was the right rear axle seal replacement at 105,000 miles. My truck has towed many heavy trailers over its life.

The 20+ models are even better with the 9 speed trans.

Attachments

• 19EF2325-EAFF-4B9E-928C-84AFC0126EF9.jpeg
    19EF2325-EAFF-4B9E-928C-84AFC0126EF9.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 8
Such an underrated under appreciated truck. My daily is a 2013 with 120,000 miles. It’s only needed 1 repair and that was the right rear axle seal replacement at 105,000 miles. My truck has towed many heavy trailers over its life.

The 20+ models are even better with the 9 speed trans.
Beautiful truck! My '08 looked the same with tow mirrors. I liked that truck even better than the newer models.

I drove an XD with the 9 speed and you're right, very nice 👍

My 04 big tow 4x4 LE is still going strong and with just a few aftermarket pieces like Bilsteins, better radiator, diff cover, little stuff like that. It'll be in service a full 20 years in a month outlasting all my prior domestics. Its not high mile at 130K but these miles were mostly towing and its been run hard. Its towed travel trailers, toy hauler, boats, boat enclosed haulers, open bed trailers with gear on them - you name its been across this country and back behind this hitch.

About the only downside to this rig is saving up for when your headers crack after warranty.
Cajun B pipes makes a perm fix so you are "one and done" on that one and its 50 state legal.

The VK 56 is superior to the American small blocks (that I love) for extended high RPM towing and at 9500 still out tows all but the very highest model end equipped current N/A stuff.

If I was in the market for a truck the Titan would be at or near the top of my list. Maybe not as competitive as the Big 3 trucks but pretty solid and at one time they were affordable too. My buddy paid $34k out the door for his 2018 new and its moderately equipped. It's done a ton of towing and hauling and received pretty lax maintenance. Has been back to the dealer only one time which was for a pinion seal which was covered under warranty.

Back