Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
[
Not sure what you mean.

Honda automatics are closer to a manual transmission than an automatic. Instead on you moving a shifter , which engages the synchronizers, there are clutch packs for each gear and it engages as needed.

This is not true. VW's DSG is more like a real manual, the Honda is just a conventional automatic.

My understanding is that Honda has long used a torque convertor followed by conventional gears (not planetaries). VW DSG has a wet clutch and conventional gears also.

Yup! Conventional gears and counter shafts ... not at all like a traditional automatic. Mechanically, more similar to a manual transmission than an automatic.

Originally Posted By: deven
Nice car! Are you putting the Vossen's on the new Accord? I really like em!

They are nice rims.

I'm looking for 20s for my charger this year.
Well supercharger first,then rims.

Congrats, that's a nice looking ride.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
It does have paddle shifters!
As for a daily I do not care for stick shift.
Paddle shifters are great for when the g forces are too much!

More Pics! Already have over 1000 miles.
Already have a small stereo upgrade along with HID and LED lighting.
About to write the first payment and the car is done just the way I like it.

Lowered it and put the 20's on last night

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
HOLY COW. That thing is awesome. Look at how small that pulley is! That thing is a monster and about the cleanest one I have seen.

Who did your head work?

I had an 01 with very similar mods. I don't think I will do much more to my 04 as I have the Trans Am.

I good friend of mine from Springfield, IL did the head himself and he had them on his budget build mid 11 second Regal GS. That is a 2.8 pulley on a Gen V lol

Was the guy's name Mat T. by chance? Drove a fast budget build maroon 97 GS? The GTP/GS fad hit Springfield hard just as the LS1 and fox body fads were hitting their peaks. Now we just have bro trucks running around like idiots.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
HOLY COW. That thing is awesome. Look at how small that pulley is! That thing is a monster and about the cleanest one I have seen.

Who did your head work?

I had an 01 with very similar mods. I don't think I will do much more to my 04 as I have the Trans Am.

I good friend of mine from Springfield, IL did the head himself and he had them on his budget build mid 11 second Regal GS. That is a 2.8 pulley on a Gen V lol

Was the guy's name Mat T. by chance? Drove a fast budget build maroon 97 GS? The GTP/GS fad hit Springfield hard just as the LS1 and fox body fads were hitting their peaks. Now we just have bro trucks running around like idiots.

That would be him! Small world for sure.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
holy skinny's on my twenty's...watch out for RR crossings

That's actually slightly larger sidewall then with is recommended too. I have a 35 series sidewall and a lot of people use a 30 series sidewall

How does that thing ride on those conestoga wagon wheels?!

Nice car. Did I read that you said the 3.5l v6 is no race car, but it gets out of its own way? I'd think an engine of that size in a little 2 door Accord would FLY! Am I missing something?

Originally Posted By: [email protected]

Nice car. Did I read that you said the 3.5l v6 is no race car, but it gets out of its own way? I'd think an engine of that size in a little 2 door Accord would FLY! Am I missing something?

Everyone's definition of "fly" is different. That accord is a fairly quick car, but the OP also has a 400 whp grand prix, making the accord's v6 only adequate to him. Either way both cars are sick, nice daily driver and race car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: [email protected]
How does that thing ride on those conestoga wagon wheels?!

It's no doubt quick and I was quite impressed on how it rides out but no, it is not a race car by any means lol.

The ride is rough at times when I drive [censored] roads but other then that it is actually not bad!

The dealer had the window tint installed as part of the deal but the shop did a bad job so it is going to another shop to get stripped, re-tinted and I am also getting my windshield tinted. Cant wait!

Originally Posted By: Throt
That's the sexiest Honda I've ever seen. Nice job man. I'm envious!

srs?

20's look way too big.

Last edited:

The ride is rough at times when I drive [censored] roads but other then that it is actually not bad!
[censored] roads and you decided on twenty's with rubber bands...

Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
Everyone's definition of "fly" is different. That accord is a fairly quick car, but the OP also has a 400 whp grand prix, making the accord's v6 only adequate to him. Either way both cars are sick, nice daily driver and race car.

Yeah, but it's fair to say that his car is fast if you're not comparing it to vehicles that have been designed specifically with speed in mind.

I've driven a few genuinely fast vehicles over the years, but I still describe my Camry V-6 as fast because relative to other vehicles of its type it is quite quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back