Bought a brand new 2015 Accord coupe v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mikefxu
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Please tell me you didn't get an automatic....

What a waste. I miss my 2004 Accord Sedan 4 cylinder manual.

Kind of a rude post, don't you think?

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Yeah, but what would a message board be without rude people dumping on someones new purchase? When I bought my Z4, I was set on getting a stick. My Mini is a stick , but between the paddle shifters in the Z4, and the "Sport" Mode in the Z4, I've forgotten all about that third pedal. When I mash the gas in sport mode, it rows through gears faster than anyone driving a stick.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
It does have paddle shifters!
As for a daily I do not care for stick shift.

I'm sure it's still fun to drive, and look great. Tint the windows, call it a day. The stock wheels are nice!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aualtima3.5
Wow, Happy Holidays! Nice car. I didn't know the VCM was an issue until reading this. I'm sure Honda worked it out by now?

Well, the settlement has been finalized anyway. Honda began taking VCM into the Acura line in the last couple of years which I guess speaks to confidence on their part. If you want to wade through the minutae of the court proceedings, spend some time here:

http://settlement-claims.com/enginemisfire/

The history of this lawsuit is very interesting and a lesson in effective lawyering. The cliff notes version goes something like this:

1. Honda is sued by two plaintiffs over "excessive oil consumption". One owner has a VCM V6 and one has a non-VCM four cylinder. But they sue over the same complaint.
2. Honda attorneys seek to narrow the scope of the complaint (and ultimate damages). The four cylinder plaintiff is bought off for $800,000. Four cylinder cars are no longer part of the complaint. We will never know if there was/is a systemic design fault causing excessive oil consumption in Honda four cylinders.
3. Honda attorneys (knowing the inside scoop on VCM problems) succeed in further narrowing the scope by getting the name of the complaint changed from a very broad "excessive oil consumption" to a relatively narrow "engine misfire" that throws one or more of four CEL error codes. Anything outside these four specific error codes are no longer within scope of the lawsuit. Bravo, Honda! Meanwhile, Honda forces their dealers to lie to their customers by telling them that oil consumption of one quart per thousand miles is normal. Say it often enough and it must be true, right?
4. Honda gets plaintiff to agree to settlement consisting of warranty extension to 8 years and reimbursement of documented repairs due to the four error codes only.
5. Because this is a "class action" lawsuit, the settlement automatically applies to every VCM owner. Period. If you are unaware of these legal proceedings and want to "opt-out" of the settlement, too bad, your rights are eliminated. To opt-out, each individual owner must petition the court within a certain time window. If there are 1,000 such petitions, Honda has the option to back out of the settlement. That window is now closed and the settlement has been finalized.

Why haven't you heard about this in the media? Good question?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: montero1

Yeah, but what would a message board be without rude people dumping on someones new purchase? When I bought my Z4, I was set on getting a stick. My Mini is a stick , but between the paddle shifters in the Z4, and the "Sport" Mode in the Z4, I've forgotten all about that third pedal. When I mash the gas in sport mode, it rows through gears faster than anyone driving a stick.

I suppose so. The internet provides ample anonymity to be ones true self.

No, coupe is about looks not practicality, coupe weights 3554, sedan 3528, the sedan weights less. Looking at the specs it looks like they don't make a v6 coupe manual but only a v6 sedan manual, at least for 2015. The 4 auto makes a pretty boring vehicle and the 4 manual makes it a little more livable, if I were to opt for the 6 it would have to have a manual. We currently have a 2012 Civic auto and 2013 Prius only comes in auto....boring. My wife can't drive a manual and with her disability I doubt I could trainer her enough to be able to handle a manual in the event of an emergency and I cannot drive, hence why I have a auto now. One day I will get a toy that will be a manual but right now its not in the budget, right now its about practicality.

For what you have wrapped up in v6 Accord auto with beauty mods you can get a CLA to impress people.

Too each their own. I am cool with an auto if its faster than a stick (dual-clutch, PDK, etc).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: montero1

Go easy on him, maybe it has paddle shifters.

Lol. Suck.

Beautiful car though. Can't imagine mt driving is that bad in IN, I daily drive MTs between DC and NYC without issues. Honda makes smooth shifters.

Anyway, good luck!

Yes it is.

No, coupe is about looks not practicality, coupe weights 3554, sedan 3528, the sedan weights less. Looking at the specs it looks like they don't make a v6 coupe manual but only a v6 sedan manual, at least for 2015. The 4 auto makes a pretty boring vehicle and the 4 manual makes it a little more livable, if I were to opt for the 6 it would have to have a manual. We currently have a 2012 Civic auto and 2013 Prius only comes in auto....boring. My wife can't drive a manual and with her disability I doubt I could trainer her enough to be able to handle a manual in the event of an emergency and I cannot drive, hence why I have a auto now. One day I will get a toy that will be a manual but right now its not in the budget, right now its about practicality.

For what you have wrapped up in v6 Accord auto with beauty mods you can get a CLA to impress people.

Too each their own. I am cool with an auto if its faster than a stick (dual-clutch, PDK, etc).

So - you've got two "automatics" but you're bagging on the guy with the new automatic car, have I got that right.

BTW - You're clueless about manual transmission availability in current Accords.

OP nice looking car - congratulations!

I am cool with an auto if its faster than a stick (dual-clutch, PDK, etc).

99.9% of drivers wouldn't be able to shift a manual faster than even a regular slushbox.

To me, manual is not about speed at all. It is about connecting with the car on another level.

It's not BITOG if there are no posts bashing autos ( which have come a long way and are standard in most of the world's top ten super fast cars probably), and GPS/nav systems.

I don't know...I've had a few times on this board where I've been a bit rude myself and soon apologize.....but when a guy posts about a nice car he's obviously happy with and wants to share that joy....it's so darn rude when somebody says something negative like "what a waste".

All this on Christmas day to. Geez.

I don't know...I've had a few times on this board where I've been a bit rude myself and soon apologize.....but when a guy posts about a nice car he's obviously happy with and wants to share that joy....it's so darn rude when somebody says something negative like "what a waste".

All this on Christmas day to. Geez.

Those people are just jealous because they wish it was THEM who had the nice new thing and not somebody else.

Either way, it is a nice car. I don't do much besides GM...but this a very nice car auto or manual, I don't have preference.

Nice car!

Me, I cannot wait to buy my next car and announce it- it is always so much fun to watch the sphincters climb out of their spider holes and bag on it...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Well it is an automated manual. ..

Not sure what you mean.

Honda automatics are closer to a manual transmission than an automatic. Instead on you moving a shifter , which engages the synchronizers, there are clutch packs for each gear and it engages as needed.

I do have to say that the automatic in this car is pretty darn quick with the shifts. Its my daily driver, I really don't care for a manual and would rather just hit the start button and go. This is not a race car and there is no curvy mountain road to have a blast on.

Thanks for the compliments even if they were rude
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back